Forums

Help › Forums

Desktop EA Update 2/4

Fri, Dec 4 2020 4:47 AM (36 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 12:24 PM

giraldin:
    Hello, I thought that the distances of the CLUBS, only changed when I played in FACE TO FACE mode for coins. But today I played, stroke play ranked with a friend of my CC, and I see the distances continue to change. Honestly, if after 8 years I still don't understand my old CLUBS, I think it will be impossible for me to play with a CLUB whose distance I don't know about anything, lol.   Luis

TopShelf2010:
    I can only assume that the issue stems from apparel. I cannot verify/confirm this however as I am one of those players yet to dive into the darkside.  Hopefully, there will be others to chime in on this issue. Don

The avatar Apparel Enhancement Abilities affect Head 2 Head games and any events that use the H2H format as its basis, such as Turf Wars and Showdowns. They also affect Clashes and Single Player Ranked and Practice Rounds.

The Avatar Apparel Enhancement Abilities (such as +club distance, +spin, +roungh/sand surface power, +putting atributes) DO NOT affect any WGT or Country Club Tournament events. This includes all Stroke, CTTH, Ready Go's and Bracket formats. This is denoted in the event's info with a little "No Apparel" symbol (shield with t-shirt crossed out)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 12:39 PM

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 12:45 PM

TopShelf2010:
    While it does seem unlikely that apparel is the culprit... I was simply exploring the thought that something was amiss. Don

Don it is the apparel. Giraldin (Luis) was asking why the apparel that changes the distance on clubs in his H2H coin games was affecting his stroke play round with this friend. The apparel items must affect Matchplay rounds as well.

There are apparel items that will alter the distance to your Driver, 3Wood, Hybrid and Iron Set. For example the Swing Edge hat adds driver distance as much as 15-20yrds or more.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 2:22 PM

MarchieB:

TopShelf2010:
    While it does seem unlikely that apparel is the culprit... I was simply exploring the thought that something was amiss. Don

Don it is the apparel. Giraldin (Luis) was asking why the apparel that changes the distance on clubs in his H2H coin games was affecting his stroke play round with this friend. The apparel items must affect Matchplay rounds as well.

There are apparel items that will alter the distance to your Driver, 3Wood, Hybrid and Iron Set. For example the Swing Edge hat adds driver distance as much as 15-20yrds or more.

Hi,

No Apparel abilities carry over to either Scored MP or MP Challenge, we have set up games in both Scored & Challenge to test.

Ken

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 2:39 PM

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 5:18 PM

Seems apparel affects stroke play multiplayer. But maybe it will all change when they insert option for you to chose between using it or not... Like we have option between even and uneven.. I would still prefer that ,not the apparel option.

Otherwise since update I havnt notice that mouse bug that jumps to every second club in bag. Played many tournaments in row and all was fine. Fonts are kinda better also

Nik

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 8:04 PM

Apparel also kicks in on Ranked rounds setup on the gameclient. I was checking something for Scott the other day, and I saw my Driver was 301 and my 3 Wood was 255.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 7:43 PM

I'm very glad to see the addition of multiplayer stroke play, it seems the PCEA is progressing nicely as promised. Many thanks to WGT for that.

One minor quibble I have is that it seems when setting up a multiplayer stroke play game in practice mode the Random 3, 5, 7 holes setting is not yet present. Personally I never use the practice mode except for one of our club tournaments which utilizes the random hole format so that's what I just looked for. I know it's there in the Single Player side of the game though.

Are there plans to incorporate that in multiplayer too, just as in the flash mode Champ?

Nigel.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2020 8:02 PM

Played the PCEA in a few Turf Wars today. It’s been a while since I played it last, but I got all the updates. I’m still having a slight problem with a jittery meter. I know this is more of a computer problem other than a program problem but I was hoping for a few tips.

I have a Dell G7 laptop with a i7-9th gen processor, 32 gig of ram, and a GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card.

My meter is smooth using the flash (chrome) version, as well as with the mobile app with an android emulator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

• StarGGS
    97 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2020 5:23 AM

"The new PCEA is awesome and we are enjoying the opportunity to play on it.  A great experience for everyone if they would just give it a chance and keep an open mine."

I totally agree, mrm6400. I love the new PCEA game; my shots are more accurate and close to the pin. If they would only remove that BIG box in front of the hole when trying to line up a putt! I can't putt anyway but I would like to have an unobstructed view from putter to hole.

RSS