Help › Forums

What's up with distance?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 6 2009 5:03 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Rayj00
    43 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2009 7:22 PM

The farthest I could drive is 250 yrds, and with a perfect hit???

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2009 8:48 PM

The starter set of clubs that we all have is designed to have a distinct lack of distance and accuracy.  Since the game is still in BETA these are the only clubs there are and we all have to make due.

• DeputyDawg08
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2009 9:07 PM

Cuz this game sucks!!!!!

As soon as I made amature (Around 68 or so) The game has been near imposible to score well. I make a couple of birdies and what should be another birdie but nooooo. the birdie is missed. and so is the par. And I know it's not me. They rigged the game to F*#ck with you. This goes on and on. It's Bull sh#* !!!!

Now I'm back up to 72 but still an amature!!! 

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2009 11:50 PM

Hmm, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you DeputyDawg.

Sorry you are so frustrated, but I can tell you this:  The game isn't rigged.

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2009 6:41 AM

Hello Deputy,

Don't be frustrated, it is the same for many of us, we improve quickly from 150 to 69 and then become amateur and we think that we can be at the level of Tibbets & co in few rounds!! But it is not the case...to improve from 69 to 65 will take many weeks or many months and to get to 60-61 you will need to discover some secrets like in a "strategy" game and this is the spice of the game! But you will need to take it more seriousely and take notes of your games as a professional does....which is not my case and that why I stuck at 65!!:)

I know self-motovation is difficult when your play is not improving...I didn't playa good round since a month now but I'm still motivated....yeaaaaah!!! :)

• beamer750
    38 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2009 10:50 AM

WOW..sometimes i wonder if im playing the same game as the guys that constantly complain..it is not an easy game and thats what makes it great..like someone said before if you want to shoot 20 under go play tiger woods 08 or 09..this game makes you think about every shot and although its not perfect it is a hellava lot of fun!!!

• Fonzi
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2009 5:46 PM

this games love/hate

the learning curve....is what makes it fun

a lot like the old online golf game Golden Bear Golf

And it is rigged in some aspects, the games coded in such a way perfect shots will not be perfect nor will perfect putts, since we have garbage clubs that will often miss on perfect shots and putts by design...

You can make the same putt and have it miss once the games mechs roll the dice to determine if it goes in, its not 100% on the shooter to determine a shot,

some would go as far as saying, until those statistics which determine shot making are released, (espeically in a game where real money can be on the line) the doubt of things being rigged, will always loom

IMHO the games fun, and still in its infant stages, so anythings possible when upgrades come.

• Proz300
    41 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2009 8:58 AM

I was just playing my round and on #8, I have played enough to know that #8 (par 3-151 yds) you NEVER use the 160 yd club no matter how hard the wind is blowing so I went to the 150 yd club wind in my face a 4 MPH and hit it full (now again 150 yd club wind in my face) still hit the ball 162 over the green.........now cmon!  I know it's beta but if you want the people to like the game don't give us crap like this.  I have had putts miss the hole when the pointer is INSIDE the cup green slope left to right and hit the putt from 6 feet and have the ball miss the hole on the high side with out touching the hole.......if the pointer is INSIDE the hole HOW does it not touch the hole?????  If you hit to hard it should go over the hole or rim out.  Again the game doesn't play even close to what it should.

• mentalhandicap
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2009 11:08 AM

you're right, it can be fun.  but the better you get at the controls,  the club/ball reactions only get more frustrating.  especially wedge play.  I can live with the weird discrepencies related to windage and club selection,  just go down a club and put some backspin on it, hit it harder than you would think you need to.  But those short wedge shots don't make any sense at all.  Again,  I was cruising along after 8 under par after making a few crazy experimental putts,  went to hit a little chip and roll, and, at 2' off the green on the fringe,  hit a 1/3 power sand wedge "perfect" to the pin at 14' away,  and didn't even get it to the green.  ended up 4over. I give up.  NO MORE.  Bless their hearts at WGT,  it is BETA mode, but I can't take the frustration.  Recent unemployment is plenty enough.  

• mentalhandicap
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2009 11:11 AM

it's just a game with no consequences.  Relax and have fun. I agree with some who don't want it to be Tiger 2007, as it's far to easy.  This is BETA mode, and will get better,  or worse before it gets better.  Hey,  it's free. 

• PAGES
RSS