Wildcard apparel?

Sat, Mar 6 2021 2:59 PM (41 replies)
  • DavStan
    255 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 7:55 PM

fmagnets:

DavStan:

Example:

I use the level 8 Swing Edge set bonus. I can use up to 4 other sponsors apparel and as long as I have at least one Swing Edge item equipped, I receive every incentive that the Swing Edge set bonus offers as if I had all 5 Swing Edge items equipped. The Swing Edge hat adds distance to your driver, now I can unequip the Swing Edge hat and equip any other hat or not wear a hat at all and I still receive the extra distance on my driver.

Are you able to provide screenshot examples of this, because I don't believe any of this is true? You would seem to be describing the 500cr option of enjoying the bonuses from a set of equipped apparel whilst being able to sport the look of other apparel items.

WGT have stated that Wildcard apparel is apparel with stats that does not belong to one of the 5 sponsors, yet swapping these into an otherwise full set of apparel does not appear to retain the set bonus - so I'm not sure this feature works as it should.

First off, I haven't seen any description anywhere in the forums of how the Wild Card Apparel works from anyone at Wgt. Just a lot of post from people complaining that Wgt hasn't giving any instructions on how it works. With that said Mags, I did see a post from an OP about the 500cr option that you mentioned. I personally don't remember ever paying 500cr for this option but I guess its possible that I did. All I know is I always have the Swing Edge bonus activated and I can mix and match any other sponors items and still have the extra incentives, that's why I assumed that was how the wild card apparel works. I don't know how to post a screenshot and not interested in learning to but if you want to friend me we can start a game and you can look at my profile and see the Swing Edge apparel but when im on the Tee, you will see my mix and matched apparel and see the extra yardage added to my driver and my 3 wood.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 9:39 PM

DavStan, at some point you bought the 500 credit Ability/Appearance option. 
    This is not what is described in the apparel page of the game as the “wildcard apparel”

You have all the Swing Edge stuff under your Abilities tab which gives you each items abilities and the “Set Bonus” percentage extras for your Set Bonus but they are not seen on your avatar.

The appearance tab allows you to “Wear” any item of apparel that you have collected and this is what will show on your avatar. 

If you were to change out one or more of the Swing Edge items under your Abilities tab for something else you would lose your set bonus and would get the abilities of the new item instead of the swing edge item you are replacing. 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 8:12 AM

I tried a test to see if the set bonus would be awarded with 1 Wildcard item equipped, even though the set bonus said 4/5 suggesting it was not active. I had 4 x L10 Max and a USGA hat equipped, giving a 45% chance of a 1hr 20% XP boost with a coin game win if the set bonus was active. I won 4 coin games, so the chance of NOT receiving a 20% XP boost was 9%. There was no XP boost active after any of the coin games, so there is a 91% chance that this Wildcard feature does not work.

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 7:40 AM

MarchieB:

DavStan, at some point you bought the 500 credit Ability/Appearance option. 
    This is not what is described in the apparel page of the game as the “wildcard apparel”

You have all the Swing Edge stuff under your Abilities tab which gives you each items abilities and the “Set Bonus” percentage extras for your Set Bonus but they are not seen on your avatar.

The appearance tab allows you to “Wear” any item of apparel that you have collected and this is what will show on your avatar. 

If you were to change out one or more of the Swing Edge items under your Abilities tab for something else you would lose your set bonus and would get the abilities of the new item instead of the swing edge item you are replacing. 

Ok, I understand what you guys are saying, I apologize for explaining it how I understood it worked. I just don't understand why WGT can't give detailed information on the subject. Its obviously not self explanatory to the majority. 

• ElDystoped
    49 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 11:16 AM

Ok so I have all SE level 9 except the driver hat is level 8. I put them all on and SE set bonus activates. I now have level 6 set bonus (11% chance of winning apparel pack upon win). Now, when I switch out the glove from common to epic, still SE, the set bonus stays active. But seeing as the Epic glove is only level 5, I only get level 4 of set bonus. Still not sure if this is whats considered "wildcard".. Would be nice for some clarification from WGT. Also, upon reaching level 9 in all but the driver hat, they are being super stingy giving me anything on that hat, I keep getting more points on the ones that are already level 9, but no driver hat to be seen.. love wgts algorithms..Soon as you lose a match though, pow 1 point on the hat.. lol

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 1:17 PM

ElDystoped:

Now, when I switch out the glove from common to epic, still SE, the set bonus stays active.

I think this may be a display glitch. I tried switching the glove to epic, just like you, for quite a long time and never got a bonus pack with any win. Might just have been incredibly unlucky of course, but it suggests that even though it says the set bonus is active, it isn't - which would be correct according to the explanation.

• KalleKellosta
    185 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:43 AM

Hi

I noticed an interesting thing. If you have the set bonus activated, and play a head-to-head game in Turf War, then you can get the benefits (like 10% chance of entry fee return. :-) Even when you have not refreshed a sponsor for that particular Turf War game!

Just thought some of you might want to know.

Kalle

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 4:05 AM

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 7:23 AM

KalleKellosta:
    I noticed an interesting thing. If you have the set bonus activated, and play a head-to-head game in Turf War, then you can get the benefits (like 10% chance of entry fee return. :-) Even when you have not refreshed a sponsor for that particular Turf War game! Just thought some of you might want to know. Kalle

Kalle, you do not have to have an Sponsor activated at any time to receive the Set Bonus rewards. The Set Bonus will be possible on any H2H game, you just have to win the match. I’m assuming that’s what you meant by having a sponsor “refreshed”. 

• KalleKellosta
    185 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 7:48 AM

Hi Marcie

Thanks for the comment. No, there is no other benefit with the set bonus, at least with the Topgolf ones, than that you can get an entry fee return if YOU LOOSE your game! Winning does not bring any benefit for Set Bonus. At least that is how I see it.

I might be wrong but at least with Topgolf this is my experience.

Having a sponsor refreshed means for me that I select to choose to activate a sponsor, either free or for some credits. I can play without one being activated and still get a 5-10 % chance of getting back 50% of the coins I paid for participating. Like for a Chelsea game that cost 500 coins I can, when loosing, get 250 coins back. So it cost me only 250 coins.But the chance is not very big, 5-15 % depending on the level of your apparel.

Hope this helps

kalle

RSS