Forums

Help › Forums

Wildcard apparel?

Sat, Mar 6 2021 2:59 PM (41 replies)
  • KalleKellosta
    185 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 7:28 AM

Friends

In the Desktop Early Access I see that there exists something called "Wildcard apparel". They are supposed to be used to satisfy any brand requirement when setting bonus under your Abilities.

But I cannot find any info on them anywhere. How can one get them?

Where are they hiding??📣

Thanks

Kalle

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 8:54 AM

Kalle can you post a screen shot or exactly what it says on the game?

I believe you may be talking about is purchasing (500 Credits) the option to have two sets of apparel. One set (abilities) is for the game Enhancements and the second set (appearance) would be for what is actually seen. This way your avatar can look like what ever you wish but still have the apparel enhancements you desire.

• KalleKellosta
    185 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 9:22 AM

Sorry, I have a screen shot but do not know how to insert it here. :-(

But I believe it is not what you suggest as it says "Wildcard apparel will satisfy all brand requirements for set bonuses and can fill up to four slots. The remaining not-wildcard items will determine activated set bonus." So to me it seems to indicate that one can get wildcard apparel to use when setting bonus. So that for example if you have all 5 Topgolf bonus items then you can replace one or up to four that are not Topgolf. But not sure.

Strange that they have this kind of text there but no more explanation. :-( One would expect to find some info somewhere, right?

Thanks

Kalle

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 10:47 AM

Kalle I found what you were talking about under the set bonus INFO button.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure which items are or qualify as wildcard items? 

I thought it might be the ones that are not from the 5 sponsors and just have a WGT logo on them, but that doesn't seem to work. I tried a bunch of different setups, none got me 5/5 of a set.

My best guess would be that the Wildcard Apparel Items was an idea that was never fully implemented or that it was changed form what it originally was supposed to be and no longer functions or applies. Unless someone from WGT replies to this post to clarify the issue im not sure what to say.

Personally I've never cared about the set bonus as I actually have all 5 of my apparel items from 5 different sponsors as IMHO that gives me the best enhancements. To me having to use all the same sponsor doesn't give you the best enhancement setup.

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 11:34 AM

You are correct Kalle, whatever set bonus your using, you can change up to 4 of them to another sponsor's item and keep your original set bonus active. My main set bonus I use is the Swing Edge set bonus. That particular set bonus gives me 15 yards extra added to my driver and my 3 wood. I mix and match apparels all the time to get a new look, but I keep at least  one swing edge item to keep my extra distances on my woods.

Edit:

Swing Edge set bonus adds 14 yrds to my driver and 13 yrds to my 3 wood.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 1:31 PM

So DavStan what you’re saying is you first have to accumulate the required items at the required levels to qualify for a “set bounds”, it is at that point that you can then sub out wildcard items. Does that sound correct?

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 1:45 PM

you would be correct Sir!

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 2:38 PM

DavStan:
    I mix and match apparels all the time to get a new look

DavStan, just to clarify you are not talking about having two different tabs for "Abilities" and "Appearance" correct?

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 2:59 PM

only one tab for appearance and 1 tab for abilities. Once you equip all 5 of the same sponsor, that activates your set bonus whatever that might be depending on sponsor. after that, you can change up to 4 items at a time and keep that set bonus activated.

• KalleKellosta
    185 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 6:29 AM

Hi DavStan

Do you keep your original bonus active also if you change to some other sponor's item, but that item is of another kind (like rare compared to common) or even a level that is not high enough for setting a bonus? Like if you replace a level 6 time with a level 3?

Which level are you on the Swing Edge that gives you the added distances? That must be the Swing Edge Cap I presume? I am at level 5 on that common item that says "Driver Distance +38" whatever that translates to.

If I have (like I now have) activated the Topgolf Set Bonus (level 6+) and change one level 6 item to the Swing Edge Cap level 5, then do I also get the Swing Edge benefit? Why I ask is because I activated the "Set bonus" with all Topgolf and not with Swing Edge, so I wonder if it matters? Should I remove the Topgolf and go for All Swing Edge and Set Bonus again?

Sorry if I am not too clear. Hope you understand what I am trying to figure out. :-)

Thanks, and have a great day.

Kalle

RSS