Forums

Help › Forums

Wildcard apparel?

Sat, Mar 6 2021 2:59 PM (41 replies)
  • DavStan
    255 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 4:41 PM

Hey Kalle, I have the level 8 Swing Edge items. You are correct about the hat, it says +62 added driver distance, which comes out to 14 yrds. As long as I have any Swing Edge item equipped, I keep that bonus active. I can unequip the hat and still keep my extra yardage on my driver, I can mix any other sponsor apparel and still have the bonus activated as well as long as I have at least one Swing Edge item equipped.

If you activated the Topgolf Set Bonus and you change your hat to the swing edge hat, I don't think you will get the extra distance from the Swing Edge hat, you will still only get whatever each Topgolf apparel item gives you for the bonus. My Swing Edge shirt adds +60 to my 3 wood distance which adds up to 13 extra yards.

Whichever Apparel Set bonus is activated, you go to the abilities tab and click on each apparel item that you have equipped to see the benefits that they apply to your game

Hope this helps.

David

• ElDystoped
    49 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 8:03 AM

This isn't what set bonuses are. You will get the yardage for the hat because you have the hat on. You need to have all 5 items same apparel, same rarity, and at least min lev 4 on each to "activate" the set bonus, which is completely diff than the "item" abilities. With set bonus active, you get a percentage chance to win more packs or other things. Each company has its own set bonus advantages. I have not been able to keep a set bonus active when removing an item and putting in another companies item or a non named item, nothing seems "wildcard" as far as I can tell.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 12:51 PM

ElDystoped:
    This isn't what set bonuses are. I have not been able to keep a set bonus active when removing an item and putting in another companies item or a non named item, nothing seems "wildcard" as far as I can tell.

Thanks ElDystoped. I figured as much as I knew that the Set Bonus' were along the lines of what you described but didn't want to press further as I do not personally have enough of one sponsor to get a set bonus so I could not properly try it out and answer the question myself. I think what DavStan is referring to is the dual Abilities/Appearance option. And the "Wildcard" apparel option is something that either no longer exists or never actually did.

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 2:50 PM

We're still talking about golf....right?

I'm confused

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 3:03 PM

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 6:35 PM

Guess I could have explained the Wild Card Apparel a bit clearer! The set bonus isn't just for a percentage chance to win extra bonus packs while playing under sponsorship. The set bonus includes all the incentives from what each of the same 5 sponsored apparel items you have equipped, plus the percentage chance of winning extra apparel packs while playing under sponsorship.

The actual wildcard apparel means if you have a specific Sponsor set bonus activated, you can mix and match up to 4 other sponsors apparel and still receive all the benefits as if you were wearing the same 5 pieces of the sponsored apparel that you activated the set bonus with,  plus the percentage chance of winning extra apparel packs while playing under sponsorship.

Example:

I use the level 8 Swing Edge set bonus. I can use up to 4 other sponsors apparel and as long as I have at least one Swing Edge item equipped, I receive every incentive that the Swing Edge set bonus offers as if I had all 5 Swing Edge items equipped. The Swing Edge hat adds distance to your driver, now I can unequip the Swing Edge hat and equip any other hat or not wear a hat at all and I still receive the extra distance on my driver.

Now! If I have the Max set bonus activated or any other sponsored set bonus activated, and I put the Swing Edge hat on, I will NOT receive the extra yardage for my driver!, You don't get the extra incentives just because you wear them,  only when you have that specific Sponsored set bonus activated.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 4:03 AM

DavStan:

Example:

I use the level 8 Swing Edge set bonus. I can use up to 4 other sponsors apparel and as long as I have at least one Swing Edge item equipped, I receive every incentive that the Swing Edge set bonus offers as if I had all 5 Swing Edge items equipped. The Swing Edge hat adds distance to your driver, now I can unequip the Swing Edge hat and equip any other hat or not wear a hat at all and I still receive the extra distance on my driver.

Are you able to provide screenshot examples of this, because I don't believe any of this is true? You would seem to be describing the 500cr option of enjoying the bonuses from a set of equipped apparel whilst being able to sport the look of other apparel items.

WGT have stated that Wildcard apparel is apparel with stats that does not belong to one of the 5 sponsors, yet swapping these into an otherwise full set of apparel does not appear to retain the set bonus - so I'm not sure this feature works as it should.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 4:36 AM

DavStan:

I have the level 8 Swing Edge items. You are correct about the hat, it says +62 added driver distance, which comes out to 14 yrds. As long as I have any Swing Edge item equipped, I keep that bonus active. I can unequip the hat and still keep my extra yardage on my driver, I can mix any other sponsor apparel and still have the bonus activated as well as long as I have at least one Swing Edge item equipped.

If you activated the Topgolf Set Bonus and you change your hat to the swing edge hat, I don't think you will get the extra distance from the Swing Edge hat, you will still only get whatever each Topgolf apparel item gives you for the bonus. My Swing Edge shirt adds +60 to my 3 wood distance which adds up to 13 extra yards.

What the . . . .  .  ??

Maybe I'll take up golf when I retire here.

Cheers!

Rich

• ElDystoped
    49 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 7:54 AM

LOL I am sorry Davestan,. but you got it all wrong, that isnt what is happening at all. Not sure where you getting your info, but seriously, that is not how it works..

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 8:56 AM

fmagnets:
    Are you able to provide screenshot examples of this ... You would seem to be describing the 500cr option of enjoying the bonuses from a set of equipped apparel whilst being able to sport the look of other apparel items.

+ 100 

really would like to see a screen shot to figure out what’s really going on. 

RSS