Forums

Help › Forums

Callaway Balls and meter stutter

Thu, Apr 16 2020 7:24 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • metalplas
    8 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 5:46 AM

I have bought  3 Callaway ERC Yellow vapour balls. I have lost 2 because the meter will not perform smoothly and stutters so badly I cannot hit the line. Initially I thought it was my computer and then I thought it was WGT. I changed balls and the stutter disappeared and everything was back to normal.

I have tried the Callaway ball again and it is exactly the same STUTTER!!! Cannot hit the ding, so frustrating and money down the pan!! 

How can I claim a refund?

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2020 9:22 PM

Same experience for me.

White Callaways  are fine but they wont swap them or refund them.

I'm afraid we have purchased faulty product and we have to wait and see if WGT can rectify their problem.

Pretty disappointed with the response i got regarding this particular problem.

Unusual because Customer Service have always been great for me.

Brian

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2020 3:49 AM

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2020 2:11 PM

Been a while for me, but both the L39 and L55?(legend ball) are still effed up.  They even rotated while sitting still.  Seem to work fine in the new Early access version but I still don't use them there as the ball graphics are still pretty crappy imho. 

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2020 2:16 PM

Hi Don

I don't know about the OP but for me it is the L1 Callaway and the problem is ONLY with the Yellow balls. I don't understand how this all works but it seems that Callaway and Yellow aren't a good mix. 

Cheers

Brian

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2020 2:26 PM

brianmartin56:
    it seems that Callaway and Yellow aren't a good mix. 

Well, this triple track version is not.  The previous version of the yellows were just fine.  

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 9:13 AM

I can confirm that the Callaway ERC Soft Vapor Balls, Yellow (L39+) (Yellow) have a very stuttery meter.  Bought them last night and played a 9-hole round... stutters and skips on every shot, and putts on the green look like the ball is skating, not rolling.  I can also confirm the ERC stripes on the yellow ball are rotating even when the ball is sitting still.  Very distracting, and IMHO almost unplayable.

To compare, I bought a sleeve of the Callaway ERC Soft Vapor Balls (L39+) (White) and played two 9-hole rounds with those.  ZERO meter skips and they roll just fine.

So there is definitely something wrong with those yellow balls.  WGT should remove them from the Pro Shop until they get them fixed.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 1:03 PM

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 4:06 PM

TopShelf2010:
    It took forever and 13 days took get yellow Callaway balls here on WGT. Not to mention all the time and effort, let alone the countless number of posts/emails. Let's not get carried away.

Don, with all due respect, I don't think it's getting "carried away" to ask for a product to perform correctly... even if it took them forever and 13 days to provide that product.  Apparently, WGT agrees.  They refunded my credits today.  (Thank you, WGT.)  Their response:

Thank you for contacting World Golf Tour.

After a review of this matter, we determined that a refund was due and credited your WGT account.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Thank you for playing World Golf Tour.

Regards,
    WGT Member Services

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 4:19 PM

• PAGES
RSS