Help › Forums

MATCHPLAY ON THE APP

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 9 2021 7:39 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Alain760
    350 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 4:57 AM

Hi everybody i would like to know if WGT plan to incorporate in the app the matchplay formula in head to head match.

I think it would bring a new fresh way to play tourney, to create tourney and to have a great entertainment.

As a huge fan of the Ryder cup i think that the WGT app MUST have the matchplay way to play the game, just like on PC.

Can someone of WGT answer and give infos about that.

THANKS

Alain.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 5:06 AM

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 5:14 AM

Haha yes the question is where are we in the progress, at the beginning or nearly at the end lol.

TopShelf2010:

Alain760:

Hi everybody i would like to know if WGT plan to incorporate in the app the matchplay formula in head to head match.

I think it would bring a new fresh way to play tourney, to create tourney and to have a great entertainment.

As a huge fan of the Ryder cup i think that the WGT app MUST have the matchplay way to play the game, just like on PC.

Can someone of WGT answer and give infos about that.

THANKS

Alain.

At the time of this post, the best answer I have seen is that it is a "work in progress"

Don

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 6:41 AM

Do you not know that they added match play to the new version ladt week?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 7:02 AM

borntobesting:

+1

It works good. I initiated from my laptop to the PCEA and then PCEA to PCEA and worked great 

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 7:12 AM

DonCaron:

borntobesting:

+1

It works good. I initiated from my laptop to the PCEA and then PCEA to PCEA and worked great 

I know its on the new PC version, but on the mobile app there is no matchplay

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 8:10 AM

Alain760:
    I know its on the new PC version, but on the mobile app there is no matchplay

Eventually all of us will only be using one version. Thats the way I understand it.

I may be wrong though.

Use the PCEA when you have access to a computer. its based on mobile anyway.

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 8:23 AM

I have played with the PCEA and yes i can play matchplay from a PC just with a PC player, but from a phone or a tab the mobile app doesnt have the multiplayer matchplay game, thats why i would like to know if and when WGT will update that on the app.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 8:36 AM

Alain I asked this question when the Match Play addition to PCEA was announced and this was the response by WGTChampion.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/618929/4181713.aspx#4181713

So the answer to your question is YES the features that are being added to the PCEA game should eventually be added to the mobile games. When is not as clear. 

I believe that the PCEA game is the priority for WGT right now as it is required to replace the Flash version which I assume will be killed off at some point this year.

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 9:05 AM

Thanks for the answer Marchie that is great news.

• PAGES
RSS