Forums

Help › Forums

Tiers!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 15 2020 9:47 PM (4 replies)
  • Reefbeach
    16 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 10:25 AM

I know how you advance through the tiers to reach master or legend! Play well and spend a lot of money! But I’ve just played a master with starter clubs and balls with an average of 92!
    His best 18 hole round was 90! He was level 85! I’ve played heaps of masters at levels over a 100 with averages in the 60’s with really top gear that you can only buy at levels in the 90’s! It doesn’t make sense! 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 10:42 AM

Reefbeach:

I know how you advance through the tiers to reach master or legend! Play well and spend a lot of money! But I’ve just played a master with starter clubs and balls with an average of 92!
    His best 18 hole round was 90! He was level 85! I’ve played heaps of masters at levels over a 100 with averages in the 60’s with really top gear that you can only buy at levels in the 90’s! It doesn’t make sense! 

It doesn't really seem weird and there could be many explanations, Your own details are perhaps stranger to someone looking, L98 Legend with an ave of 150, best 18 hole round 1 (or maybe 65).  Maybe some things are the way individuals choose to play the game and others are wgt errors.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 12:01 PM

DodgyPutter:
    It doesn't really seem weird and there could be many explanations, Your own details are perhaps stranger to someone looking, L98 Legend with an ave of 150, best 18 hole round 1 (or maybe 65).  Maybe some things are the way individuals choose to play the game and others are wgt errors.

+1

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 7:31 PM

Reefbeach:

It makes TOTAL sense if you realize that tiering up via Ranked Rounds is not the only way to tier up and that moving up levels has nothing to do with RR but XP points, which RR are not required to obtain. If you are a mobile player who only plays Head 2 Head Coin Room matches then using the Ranked Round system you would never get past HACK tier. So there are other formulas besides the RR system to get tiered up. 
    There are many Mobile players who have never played a RR with AVG’s of 150 who are in all tiers and levels of the game.  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 9:47 PM

Reefbeach:
    It makes perfect sense since the intentions and spendings of players show any thinkable combination. Most important: I have yet to witness the first player to meddle with the numbers themselves - they are genuine WGT programming!

Your description looks a lot like a view on me after turning Master, seven years ago! I was close to L83 and still had Starter driver + irons. I struggled to reach the fairway (or cross the water) on some holes (KIA?). My high score was 86 with just a few custom clubs (still fond of my Rapture FW wood!)

Only after buying the Ping set at L83 could I advance further.

RSS