Forums

Help › Forums

**Update 1/10**

Mon, Oct 26 2020 3:25 AM (37 replies)
  • TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2020 12:33 AM

WGTChampion:

Match play should make it to mobile at some point but there's a lot of work to go into a mobile version of match play in terms or reworking panels and lobby for it. 

_CHAMPION 

That’s tremendous news, best in a loooooong time for mobile players. 
    Keep up the good work folks and thanks đź‘Ť 

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2020 2:08 AM

Hi, 

Played a friend in Scored MP last night, even though in Settings the Greenspeed only goes as high as Tournament when we got on the green it was at default for us, Champ 13.

All went well other than I struggled with the break but the other player who has been practicing didn't have a problem.

Then we played again & I played from old Flash version & he stayed with the NV, again all went well, what was "weird" was as we both Streamed it simultaneously was watching each other on each others Stream, on my Screen/Stream we both appeared as playing the old Flash version but on his Stream we both showed as playing the NV, I went from hatless to having a big hat over n back seemlessly

Ken

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2020 2:51 AM

Thanks for the update!

Would be great if it would be possible to change up the conditions (wind and green speed) in 'scored' matches to make MP and tournaments that are played with that format more interesting. Maybe something to consider for one of the next updates.

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2020 4:25 AM

Yippee, now things are getting exciting. 

Always a critic but loving what you guys are developing. 

Bob

• k5ntonsm1th
    34 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2020 6:09 AM

Great news that ! Although i have been trying and failing to get a game , either by joining or creating one myself. No players have appeared either way. Has anyone else struggled ? Although i assume the 'invite players' works after reading one of the posts above by Kenher01 ?

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2020 1:09 PM

WGTChampion:

Match play should make it to mobile at some point but there's a lot of work to go into a mobile version of match play in terms or reworking panels and lobby for it. 

_CHAMPION 

That’s great Champ. Will the coins used in Mobile for head-to-head finally be given a value to use them up in the pro shop or convert them to credits to play in Challenge mode Match Play? 

I assume many mobile players will begin to play less and less coins games as many of us have been playing less as we see no value in winning in coin rooms or in a turf war. To get a Super Pass used in clash when many coin players don't play clash. 

It would be ideal for WGT to give coins value and also to update the rooms so we can set ranges and like flash or WGT PC App hosts will be able to set the amount of the game in coins and/or invite friends, set up courses versus completely random as it has been. 

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 5:14 AM

I have not been able to get a match play game to work either.

I was logged into PC early access and created a game and sent invites but nothing happened.  I set up game and tried to let anyone join and nothing happened.  I tried joining a game and nothing happened.

Did say lobby session timed out so I wait long enough.

Will try another day.  So far 2 days in a row has not worked for match play.

Michael

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 8:29 AM

Update of what we tried to do today.

A friend who was logged in on Flash version sent me a Match Play invite while I was logged into PCEA and I did receive the invite and I accepted the invite but the actual game would never load.  It showed me vs him with name and picture and at the bottom it said "Joining Game" with the spinning circle to indicate progress but that was all it would do. 

Game of Match Play did not load but rather just sat there and continued to spin.

So as far as we know we did what Champion said to do but still not working properly.

Any thoughts of what to do next or try ?

Thanks,

Michael

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 9:31 AM

MCalderon402:
    Will the coins used in Mobile for head-to-head finally be given a value to use them up in the pro shop or convert them to credits to play in Challenge mode Match Play? 

This has been asked many many times, I know I did very early on... I was hopeful for awhile that something would change... 

Then sponsor apparel came along, the ability to offset the "fee" to play coin matches arose, then we started to observe "coin dumping" among a number of top clubs and the use of Monaco to dramatically distort Turf Wars... during that period people were basically printing coins for themselves with no risk of losing them.

After learning that, I gave up all hope WGT would alter the current use of coins, let alone introduce an option to exchange them.  Sadly, it is in part the exploitation of coin games and Monaco that has likely sealed the fate of this ever changing,  at least imho.

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 9:46 AM

I set one up a couple of days ago and chose a person on my friends list that showed an available status - - nerve60 - - and sent him an invite to play.  He accepted and we played.  Used a 90 second shot clock.  Everything about it performed without a hitch and yes, he whooped me.  LOL

RSS