Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 1:43 PM

Silver plate consolation match:

scottreid1966 (#192) def. wbadback57 (#265) on 20th hole.

I don't know any of the details, but it was obviously a very exciting match.

Tom.

• BBoyce
    204 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:56 PM

Consolation Match 1Irony defeats BBoyce on 4th extra hole in SD,  Nice game Darren and thanks for the spirited match.  

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 12:04 AM

That's the Plate bronze match done, a big congrats to Black Diamond GC for taking the bronze vs the Indianred Chiefs.

In the Cup Bronze match there is a good battle going on between the Cold Cut Combos and Nova A.... looking great

Just a reminder that the presentation will be Monday the 27th

Cheers,

Dotty

• 1irony
    415 Posts
    Sat, Jul 25 2020 2:59 PM

Cup Playoff Consolation Match Tie 5

144 SHALEO83 def. 32 DeanBarr in 20 holes

Also just wanted to chime in and thank Brian (BBoyce) for the 22 hole thriller we played.

Cheers,

Darren

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sat, Jul 25 2020 10:42 PM

12-6 for Nova, 3 games left to play, 1 day to do it in... this is coming down to the wire woo hoo!

Cheers

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2020 2:39 AM

The 2020 World Cup Presentation

Well I hope it's been a fun season, I think we have had a little bit of everything this year. 

It sure was a very exciting finish with the TCC Bandits taking it to the last game in both the quarter finals and the semi finals. well done!

TBR Titans showed their class and skill in the finals, a lot of games came right down to the last few holes and sudden death vs The Bandits, but in the end The Titans showed their dominance over this years field with a 21-6 win in the finals. 

Please put your hands together for The 2020 World Cup Champions The Beat Ranch Titans.. vigorous golf clap and bow of respect! Well done!

The Plate saw Cosa Nostra, the very first winners of The World Cup, do something that was only done once before by a CC and that is win the Cup and the plate. I think it is only fitting for them to have won the first ever Cup and then on the last flash platform, take the plate, a fine set of bookends fella's, well done and it was a convincing win 27-0 vs the Fairway Fanatics B in the plate final.

Please put your hands together for The 2020 World Cup Plate Champions Cosa Nostra, vigorous golf clap and bow of respect! Well done!

This year we tried something new and that was to have a bronze match to determine the 3rd & 4th place teams.... in the Plate it was Black Diamond GC vs Indianred Chiefs with Black Diamond winning the bronze, a big congrats and vigorous golf clap.

Unfortunately, being something new there were growing pains and we got it off to a late start, I did extend it as far as I felt I could, but the Cup bronze ended up as a DNF (did not finish) sorry fellas on Nova A and The Cold Cut Combos, but by all means finish it up for your bragging rights and hopefully if there is a next year we will have worked out the bugs.

I would like to thank every player who took part in a match, either group stages or the knockout stages, I hope you at least have made a couple of new friends and have had some fun and banter along the way. I want to thank all the captains for their endless work and problem solving to make this competition move along smoothly.

Many thanks to all the sponsors for their generosity. Your giving adds a whole other fun level to this competition, even I won something this year lol (Thanks Jacques for the golf bag woo hoo!). 

I want to thank the team: 

Finny who's vision to create a tournament to bring together players that may never otherwise have had a chance to meet, have fun and go for a spin, has lived up to all expectations and more again this year. And for his dedication and hard work to make that happen.Thank you Paul.

Nigel (Wutpa) Thanks for your hard work and dedication to how we present this tournament. And thank you for all the hours it took to make the presentation so very slick. Folks it is a lot of work!

Johhny (Wigertoods2010) for designing the trophies again this year, your work and classy trophy's are much appreciated... great graphics Johnny  and as Nigel said last year, they really are the cherry on top... woo hoo!

Once again it has been a blast and a privilege to serve and help bring this tournament to the great WGT community.

Next year will look very different as the flash platform goes away. We will have to see what the WGT landscape looks like before we commit to the 2021 World Cup and see the interest from you the players.

I hope you all found some fun in this years addition, I know we had some rough spots but I hope that all involved can see beyond those rough spots to what this competition is about and found some joy in your playing it.. so I leave you with this:

"The World Cup was created by Paul Finn, he did this so that players of all rank and skill can play together and make some new friends... to get together and just have fun.... we ask that teams leave the "win at all cost attitude" at the door cause this in not what this is about and to treat each other with kindness, respect and just have fun."

-Dotty (TdotDoba)

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2020 8:40 AM

A terrific competition once again, the best on WGT.

Thanks to everyone who took part and made it so memorable and worthy of its noble intent, and many congrats to TBR Titans and Cosa Nostra for winning the Cup and Plate respectively. 

Finny is the boss man and a massive tip of the hat to him for his vision and hard work steering it all. It's a massive project to undertake and requires a lot of time away from playing to make sure it all ticks along smoothly and in the right manner. Thanks for doing this for several years Finny, you've really made a big difference to the playing lives of hundreds of players.

Thanks also to Johnny for the great trophies again this year, they are an excellent piece of work just as always.

For my part, I'm happy to have been involved in such a great event again by providing the spreadsheets. I hope they were useful, and thanks to Finny, Dotty and all the others who gave me kind and thoughtful comments - it really is appreciated.

And finally, to Dotty himself who has worked his plums off this year. Well done mate, thanks for putting so much of yourself into this and for keeping it on track in the right spirit, and for smoothing over some of the inevitable bumps in the road. Hats off to you my friend, simply amazing.

I hope this competition continues in some form next year and beyond, but that's up to all of us now. There will be some new challenges but if you've enjoyed playing it this year or any previous year then let's all put some effort in to ensuring it carries on in 2021.

Thanks everyone. Stay safe and well.

Nigel.

• jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2020 12:46 PM

On behalf of all the Black Diamond GC players, I want to thank Finny, Dotty and the others for putting on the event.  I can't imagine how many hours you all put into it.

It was only our second year participating, and I fully expect to be back next year.

Once again, thanks!!!

Tom.

• WUISENRIKE
    1,237 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2020 6:14 PM

awesome job friends..  thx for all and congratulations for the titans and cosa nostra  .

in the new year ,the golfos unidos, in the world cup 2k21.

vamoos goolfoos 

greatest new friends, thx to the W C .

luis enrique.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 3:19 AM

well thats it for another year.

id like to thank all players for taking part,congrats to TBR and cosa on winning the cup/plate.

thx nigel for being a master of the data sheets.

cheers johnny for sorting the cup/plate 

lastly thx to dot  my rock for helping me again this year,hes done  all the work this year its as much his comp as mine maybe more.

all ctth prizes should be done in the next few days including the special prizes.

next year dont know will see what the end of the year brings and the new game,

laters

RSS