Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 4:17 PM

DodgyPutter:

YankeeJim:

DodgyPutter:

YankeeJim:
    Let's be the only CC to win both the Cup and the Plate. It was a driving force.

Hmmm, does doing it in the same year not count then? ;-))

Haha, I guess that's almost as good. Several years apart makes a bigger statement.  ;-)

Lol, I guess it was still a driving force since you didn't know.

Congratulations on winning it, we enjoyed our time in the calmer waters of the plate after some batterings in a horrendous group.  A bit different for you but I'm sure just as much fun..

Very well done to TBR on winning the other one :-))

ah yeah The bees and tees in 17 i think it was.

Well pointed out dave,i forgot about that.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 4:47 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Lol, I guess it was still a driving force since you didn't know

Ya, that wonderful search option we have in the forum nailed me. Misread what I read but did edit the original claim. And yes, being ignorant here did pay off with the CC cheerleading. LOL  ;-)

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 6:53 PM

Absolutely superb Competition again this Year! Congratulation's to TBR for winning the Cup and Congratulation's to Cosa Nostra for winning the Plate! Well played by all of you, and a Big Shout Out to all of the Team's that qualified and competed this Year.

Cheers to Finny, Dotty, Nigel & Johnny, thanks for making this a fun Competition for all of us, it was great having the opportunity to play with all of the different Club's.

Thank you,

Topper

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 11:52 PM

Well done to both teams in the Plate Final Cosa Nostra & Fairway Fantatics B. A big Congratulations to Borat74 and Cosa Nostra on there dominant display and winning the Plate Final.

Well done.

Jay

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2020 3:44 AM

YankeeJim:
    did edit the original claim

hmmm, I'd leave it but WT won the WC in 2017 and 2018 and plate in 2018 ;-))

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2020 4:20 AM

Well done all finalists, and a big congrats to all. I will leave my comments for the final write up and presentation when all games are finished and we have the bronze match winners.. so watch this space...

Lets see some movement on some of the bronze matches please...

Glad you have all enjoyed it so far.

Cheers,

Dotty

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2020 4:40 AM

f1dget:

Well done to both teams in the Plate Final Cosa Nostra & Fairway Fantatics B. A big Congratulations to Borat74 and Cosa Nostra on there dominant display and winning the Plate Final.

Well done.

Jay

Thanks Jay

A big Congratulations to you and your Team aswell in a Great match with Transgressional,some really hot matches that was a privilege to be able to watch aswell.

Very Well Played Fellas.

• EKeefer
    934 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2020 4:04 PM

Regarding the Plate Consolation Match, we are arranging some of the games so hopefully it will play out. 

Dale, doran908, and I were able to get our match in today. Tie #4, doran908 #260  vs  EKeefer #185.

It was a great game with friendly gentleman. Thank you for a fun afternoon, Dale. The game went all the way to the 18th hole with neither one of us getting more than a hole advantage. Dale got the break on the first hole and a pitch in #2 kept his lead that he held until things turned around on 8 and 9. We traded the lead once on the back nine and squared up by the 15th. We both made a mess of the 17th but it turned out to be a push, rather fitting. It came down the the final putts on 18 where Dale missed and I made to win 1 up.

Thanks to the hosts for putting on the World Cup. This was my first time to play and I enjoyed the matches and folks I met playing. 

Good Luck and Good Golfing!
    EK

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2020 3:44 AM
    Indian55 wrote
    on 15 Jul 2020 at 9:44 PM

262 bucklew wins 5 up over 190 antogarcia53

185 ekeefer wins 1 up over 260 doran908

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2020 1:13 PM
    Final match in the final Tie#7 Duffputt wins 3 up against Farfoo Not the most consisten play from either playerm it could have gone both ways especially in the start. Thanks for playing Gordon (Farfoo) Thanks all players for participating, big thanks to the organizers and big thanks for my teammates in TBR for a great World cup
RSS