Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 1:54 PM

I think Jon means about date changes Fin,but that was because of the obvious with PCEA,i could be wrong(again) but i think thats what he means,im sure Jon will enlighten you on this.

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 2:51 PM

Guys ffs can we just focus on the final games of this Superb competition and not dredge up anything that we don`t need to hear.

Finny and the gang have run this Tournament brilliantly over the past few years so how about leaving it at that.

We know flash is coming to an end this Year and it has affected a lot of players, myself included, If I want to play WGT in the New Year I have to play it on the Commodore 64 version.............. Just my thoughts guys so jump on me, There are lots of lovers of the NV of this game but not me..................... 

Lets just end this WC as Finny wanted................ Properly

Hope you guys are all streaming live games.

End of.

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 5:50 PM

Maybe next year the brains trust can look at increasing the numbers in the finals. It has been a fun competition again this year. A lot of us have made sacrifices and put a heck of a lot of time and effort into this event. It is what we signed up for and it would be great to finish things off on a more positive note.

Like a few others it is my last year on this game as I refuse to lower my standards and play the new version. I spent a lot of money on this game over the years and it sickens me to see some of it being wasted on an amusement park with lots of merry go rounds..I got far better things to do with my time and it does not involve playing that rubbish

Again a big thank you to the brains trust, Finz, Dotz & Nigel it has been a pleasure to be apart of your World Cup tournaments I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

All the best to the teams in the Finals.

Jay.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 6:14 PM

No disrespect meant, I'm sure you did what you felt was best. I just don't sugar coat and tend to speak mind if you hadn't noticed. Not going to divulge and cause an argument in the forums. Just an observation. In the end overall it's been a very fun event and I would do it all again. 

All the best and looking forward to a positive finish.

Thanks

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2020 2:50 AM

PAULFINN52:

AgentBrown123:

Good luck to everyone in finals

AB

yo jon

exactly what do you mean by rules mid comp buddy im curious?

Don't take the bait finny, Jon if you want to discuss it further please send me a pm and we can discuss it. I have sent you a friend invite.

Now lets keep it positive and leave it out of this forum as it is for reporting scores and messages that are positive and about the games

Cheers all no go and have some fun.

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2020 10:50 AM

Plate Final   Tie 2

Largemouth51  Beats   Charlieh100    5&4

Both players reported a Fine game which they both really enjoyed,Bob was on fire and he thinks he was around -12 for the 13 holes he played,had a nice message off Charlie about Bob and his play and he had to play out of his skin to halve some holes.

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2020 2:06 PM

Plate Final   Tie 6

Just had my game with Slickbarnes(Paul),just found out during the game he lives no more than 10 miles from me and as played the same Real Golf courses i play.

What a game,we had a few trials and tribulations withe the clash going on and a few disconnections,What a great game,we traded blows from the off i won1 he won 2then we tied til 8 were Paul got discoed.i set up the b9 we went off at 18 with me 1 up,we played an extra hole which Paul won,so we went to overs it took 7 holes of extras for me to finally get the win.

Cheers Paul and i look forward to playin you again m8.

Borat 74  Beats  Slickbarnes after 25 holes

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2020 2:23 PM

Plate Final

DougGongles Beats Rosco088  20th hole

Dougs off for a lie down Russ and they both hit a great round which went under 57 from both of them,great shooting and fine rounds from both players.

• CharlieH100
    282 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2020 2:26 PM

Sorry - misreported in wrong thread (doh). 

Plate Final

Cosa Nostra v Fairway Fanatics B

Largemouth51 beat CharlieH100 5&4

Bob raced away to a three shot lead after 4 holes while I was waking from my afternoon nap  .... He was playing so well and missing nothing, I was, well, not so much. I managed to hold on to him for a few holes but he was too good to be cooped up too long and he finished me off on the 14th. 

A pleasure to play with and all the very best to Bob and his colleagues., 

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2020 5:27 PM

TdotDoba:

Don't take the bait finny

I can assure you there was no intent to bait. Think I have been very respectful and only gave a little feedback. Nothing wrong with that. Don't worry last I'll ever post in here.

RSS