Forums

Help › Forums

ABSENT OWNER_ CLUB IN LIMBO

Fri, Jan 17 2020 9:35 PM (20 replies)
  • fanozio
    247 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 11:39 AM

We've been without an owner for over 120 days & can't do a damn thing about

it. I'm told that WGT can't or won't help us with this problem, To that I say B.S.,

90% of our membership does not participate in any clash or tournament or

any damn thing! We have need of the ability to " dump the deadwood " &

get some new faces! The way it sounds now we can't add or remove anybody

because only the owner can do that! 

WHAT GOOD ARE DIRECTORS WHEN THEY HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO

TO DO A DAMN THING!! WAKE UP WGT & MAKE SOME PROVISION TO 

REMEDY THIS STUPID SITUATION!! 

Regards, Mike, Director Low Country Clubbers

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 6:26 PM

You may want to start looking for a new club. Unfortunately only the Club owner is able to transfer the club to another player and if they have stopped playing, there wouldn't be a way for another player to take over the club. 

• dandycap
    1,806 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 6:53 PM

fanozio....   Here is a link to The Old Duffers Retreat cc  home.aspx?id=78503

You need to quit your old country club first.  I'll be first to welcome you to your new home and wish you a Happy New Year.  

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 7:49 PM

The best thing to do is either join a different club, or start you own club. If you are interested in joining a different club give the Nice and Friendly a look. We are a very active club.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/617336.aspx

http://www.wgt.com/clubs/nice_and_friendly/default.aspx

Best of luck

Dave

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 8:28 PM

In early December, I sent friend requests to everyone still active in The Low Country Clubbers because I noticed the problem you have identified, including yourself, I believe. BMcEwan3 and a couple others responded and said they were still waiting to see how things were going to go.  One other already came to my club.  If you can keep your ALL CAPS directed only at WGT, you’d be welcome in the Friendly Active Players Club, too. We live up to our name.  

But you have other great offers, too.

Good luck!

AKD 

EDIT:  it was actually November 29th when I started contacting your club members with wall posts and friend requests.  I am in no way staking a claim, just saying you’ve had this option for a month. . . if you’re ready to make the leap, great.  If you’d rather start a new club, that’s great, too.  But complaining to WGT will accomplish nothing.  :)

November 30, 2019
    November 29, 2019
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 11:15 PM

fanozio:
    We've been without an owner for over 120 days

He friended someone on the 25th October, so he’s somewhere?

Just leave, it’s not hard!

• fanozio
    247 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2019 5:44 AM

That idea is very much outdated & needs revision! What good are directors if

they have no authority to do anything but advise. It's a stone age rule & needs

change!

fanozio, LCC

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2019 7:34 AM

andwhy67:
    He friended someone on the 25th October, so he’s somewhere?
    The “someone” might be the one who finally responded to a friend request sent much earlier.

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2019 12:31 PM

So quit that club and start Low Country Clubbers II and invite the people in the old club to the new one. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 8:43 AM

fanozio:

! What good are directors if

they have no authority to do anything but advise. 

They can be given any authority except to close the club, remove members, or change the status of members.

I know you can’t see the “owner’s tools,” but if you were an owner, you could give your directors the power to write the club message, invite new members, create club tournaments, create custom courses, create club tournaments using custom courses, and restrict the use of super passes to them in Clashes.

You can also ask your directors to actively recruit, welcome new members, mentor struggling lower tiers, develop Cc v Cc events and run those, etc.

Directors can be very essential to spreading around the work of running the club, making things fun for all, and being successful in Clashes.

Hopefully, you will be a better owner than your last one.

RSS