Sun, Jan 23 2022 10:11 AM

Jedef:

My point exactly 

Bubsy04:

If a loss is inevitable why bother.

It saves us both time.

Maybe it is your need for validation?

Greg 

My point exactly . We all need motivation and if you're playing rubbish or have made a bad shot or had a bad bounce or your opponent is just on a roll then why prolong the agony ? There are plenty on fresh games to be had where you start off level again . Feel free to quit on me any time you like . Playing a 3 hole game out when you're 2 down is just pointless. A gg or w pl and a swift exit should be agreeable to all concerned.

This is not true ! We can all manage to hit a ball into water or out of bounds , a two shot deficit is never reason alone to forfeit with another hole to play, unless of course , you just choose to give up. , ! 
    It seems to me that no matter how many times this is discussed the true reason for forfeiting is that someone cannot be bothered to play the game out . As with much of modern day life , an easy solution is the preferred option for many. In my opinion , giving respect to your opponent is more important than playing another quick hole. You never know you might even learn something by losing and watching how the opponent plays !  

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 10:31 AM

bossbird:
    It seems to me that no matter how many times this is discussed the true reason for forfeiting is that someone cannot be bothered to play the game out

Maybe seems this way, But the ones forfeiting in coin games are generally speaking playing an arcade game- where you want to play a golf simulator. I dont think its meant to be disrespectful as much as just a different game they are playing.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 11:47 AM

PureGro1:

bossbird:
    It seems to me that no matter how many times this is discussed the true reason for forfeiting is that someone cannot be bothered to play the game out

Maybe seems this way, But the ones forfeiting in coin games are generally speaking playing an arcade game- where you want to play a golf simulator. I dont think its meant to be disrespectful as much as just a different game they are playing.

That’s funny !! It’s the same game I play and I don’t feel like that ! 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 12:39 PM

Jedef:

Bubsy04:

If a loss is inevitable why bother.

It saves us both time.

Maybe it is your need for validation?

Greg 

My point exactly . We all need motivation and if you're playing rubbish or have made a bad shot or had a bad bounce or your opponent is just on a roll then why prolong the agony ? There are plenty on fresh games to be had where you start off level again . Feel free to quit on me any time you like . Playing a 3 hole game out when you're 2 down is just pointless. A gg or w pl and a swift exit should be agreeable to all concerned.

Agreed.  Think of it not so much as a "forfeit" (although WGT has labelled it that way).  Think of it as "conceding the match".

If done properly by the exiting player (by clicking on the "End Round / Main" button so that the winner is not left hanging), I don't think it's rude at all.  In fact, as Bubsy04 said, it saves time... which is actually more courteous and beneficial to you if you're playing on a limited-time sponsorship.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 2:04 PM

pdb1:

SamSpayed:
    If done properly by the exiting player (by clicking on the "End Round / Main" button so that the winner is not left hanging), I don't think it's rude at all.  In fact, as Bubsy04 said, it saves time... which is actually more courteous and beneficial to you if you're playing on a limited-time sponsorship.

Except that isn't the way it is set up . A forfeit isn't a win in H2H . I have now seen several mentions of concern about that . No win in the W column . And loss of the sponsor points and the time .

If they change that then it would make sense .

Knowing that forfeiting isn't an option yet in coins . Then use the unfortunate losing round to continue play and get some practice . No better scrambling practice than a round you are down in .

Paul , are you saying the player who didn’t forfeit , doesn’t get the winning coins and apparel points ? Because that isn’t true . They may not get the win in the counts of win/lose/tie , but that doesnt make any difference to anyone , no one else sees that. Certainly the winning coins go into the division leaderboard winnings, that counts for more. 

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 5:08 PM

bossbird:
    are you saying the player who didn’t forfeit , doesn’t get the winning coins and apparel points ? Because that isn’t true

+1

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 5:18 PM

bossbird:
    Paul , are you saying the player who didn’t forfeit , doesn’t get the winning coins and apparel points ? Because that isn’t true .

+2

pdb1:
    Knowing that forfeiting isn't an option yet in coins . Then use the unfortunate losing round to continue play and get some practice .

This is also not true.  The whole subject of this thread is "Coin room forfeiters".

Paul, please stop spreading misinformation.  I don't know how to say it any more politely than that.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 6:10 PM

HamdenPro:

bossbird:
    are you saying the player who didn’t forfeit , doesn’t get the winning coins and apparel points ? Because that isn’t true

+1

+3. The non- forfeiter, assuming they finish the round, gets apparel and coins, which if was in a TW round goes toward club points, too.

RSS