Forums

Help › Forums

Coin room forfeiters

Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:21 AM (125 replies)
  • swale1722
    19 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2021 10:43 AM

It might also save you on wear and tear on balls you pay $$$ for.

Could lose them also. 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2021 1:59 PM

Robert1893:

Bubsy04:

If a loss is inevitable why bother.

It saves us both time.

Maybe it is your need for validation?

Greg 

Maybe it was simply a genuine question.

Bossbird is one of the nicest people on these boards. Taking a shot like that was both unwarranted and unnecessary.

True. Leslie is one of the good ones on here

• Divot135
    4 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 5:23 AM

1 of the reasons I forfeit..... I am a tour pro playing a $900 single hole against a legend

pin is 164 yds  0 yds in height 5 to 7 wind slight left to right slight in my face hit a

4 iron and nailed it ended up 60 yds short in sand.... legend hit his shot and got the

heart beat....crap like that happens all the time..it is not a glich...

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 6:42 PM

Divot135:

1 of the reasons I forfeit..... I am a tour pro playing a $900 single hole against a legend

pin is 164 yds  0 yds in height 5 to 7 wind slight left to right slight in my face hit a

4 iron and nailed it ended up 60 yds short in sand.... legend hit his shot and got the

heart beat....crap like that happens all the time..it is not a glich...

With those starter club sets, you can get about anything lol, if you want to be competitive, upgrade to something with more precision. Those starter clubs are just for newbies to hit around with. 

• Robbo81303
    409 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 5:01 AM

Gee, I withdraw from coin games fairly often, but it's usually because I've received an invite from a friend to play a ranked multiplayer round.

Coin games are really just a sad joke, not much more to me than a way to pass the time when I can't find a multiplayer ranked round. Coin games are by far the most overtly manipulated format on WGT, especially when there's a large disparity in the opponents' tiers, and, as a result, sandbagging runs rampant. If the morons-in-charge think so little of the format and the folks who play it to allow (and encourage) this to happen, it seems silly to expect the players to show anything other than a similar level of respect for it, either.

Just saying...

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 6:36 AM

Robbo81303:

Gee, I withdraw from coin games fairly often, but it's usually because I've received an invite from a friend to play a ranked multiplayer round.

Coin games are really just a sad joke, not much more to me than a way to pass the time when I can't find a multiplayer ranked round. Coin games are by far the most overtly manipulated format on WGT, especially when there's a large disparity in the opponents' tiers, and, as a result, sandbagging runs rampant. If the morons-in-charge think so little of the format and the folks who play it to allow (and encourage) this to happen, it seems silly to expect the players to show anything other than a similar level of respect for it, either.

Just saying...

coin games are about skill over time. tier means very little.

Someone with skill will get out of the lower coin games and progress into the higher ones. 

On any given night there are 6-20 people in Tokyo. And in general it's the same 100 people on a rotation. 

The coin rooms are basically a sorting mechanism. The only reason for a high tier legend and above to be in the lower coin rooms is because they can't really compete at the higher levels so they go broke on silver coins. So if you're playing some higher tier in a lower coin room. It's likely they suck.

Exceptions can be showdowns. where the vets are forced into Casablanca and the experts are in Montreal. Maybe someone knocking out their daily in Rio or the lowest one hole room.

But as i said over time the coin rooms basically indicate skill level. crappy players or beginners in the lower rooms.

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 12:07 PM

I forfeited my first coin game today, and I have been playing since March of this year. I hit a bunker twice, and my opponent was 1.5 feet from the cup.

Anyway, when I first started reading the forums, I was seeing those who said coins are worthless, and a few said they would give them away if they could. I was a newbie and spent almost all my coins on all of the apparel items that needed upgrading to level 6.

I ended up with just 40,000 coins when I realized I needed to save some coins for the apparel items I really wanted to use. Today I was down to about 7,000 coins. I wait patiently for the spinner. :o)

billsmini10

• bigjohndough
    65 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 12:49 PM

Or its the quickest way to improve attire ... 

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 2:06 PM

Maybe someone knocking out their daily in Rio or the lowest one hole room..

I do that .

If there are no close to the hole set up in my club and i only have 5 minutes to spare .

Funny enough i keep getting beat by guys who are so slow they would make milk turn .

Or maybe i am just in a hurry .

Funny Golf GIFs | Tenor

RSS