Help › Forums

Now playing new version daily

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 19 2020 1:51 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 2:38 PM

WGT has made some good improvements based on real feed back from players.  Keep up the good work.

Next I would like to see the multi-player games be for up to 4 players, head to head is OK but.....

Also I would like to regain the ability to choose which course we play.

Putting, well I guess I am getting better but it doesn't seem to be consistent on the break.

To the other daily players here what do you see or want?

• dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2019 2:11 PM

Noticed that Pebble Beach #1 and # do not have course maps on screen.

45 second shot clock is sort of tight, like to go back to 60 seconds.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2019 4:57 PM

dschlapman:
    To the other daily players here what do you see or want?

No Shot Clock. I am not crazy about coin games either

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 6:25 AM

I am using the new PC version every day now. 

My flash version was awful with freezes and meter was horrible as it was spitting and sputtering so bad I could not execute a basic shot. 

New PC version of game works much better and smoother for me.

I agree about the shot clock.  With only 45 seconds you can't chat as you have to focus on shot and that is it.  If you must keep the shot clock please make it 90 seconds or higher please.  That will keep things moving along but will allow for chat through out match and provide a much more enjoyable experience.

I would like to see the top golf box that shows your stats of latest shot be put into a set spot and stay there.  It is annoying to have the box moving all over screen and have to move it before every shot.  Just seems pointless for this box of information to be floating around getting in the way. 

Putting is difficult to read break and I am trying to adjust but seems like we may need some more forgiveness. 

Also need a way to communicate with those that just play mobile.  As it is now if you invite someone to join your club and they only play mobile it is no way to get them involved as people that play on PC.  I know they could log in as Pc user but they don't so they just don't play any Country Club tournaments and don't contribute to XP or Clash.

Thanks,

Michael

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 6:39 AM

mrm6400:
    I would like to see the top golf box that shows your stats of latest shot be put into a set spot and stay there.  It is annoying to have the box moving all over screen and have to move it before every shot.  Just seems pointless for this box of information to be floating around getting in the way. 

Or none at all

mrm6400:
    Putting is difficult to read break and I am trying to adjust but seems like we may need some more forgiveness. 

The break for me anyway is not even close, playing on tough greens

mrm6400:
    Also need a way to communicate with those that just play mobile.  As it is now if you invite someone to join your club and they only play mobile it is no way to get them involved as people that play on PC.  I know they could log in as Pc user but they don't so they just don't play any Country Club tournaments and don't contribute to XP or Clash.

Totally agree. Basically they are not even members. I can't communicate with them and end up having to remove them for non play

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 7:18 AM

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 8:05 AM

DonCaron:
    mrm6400:
    Or none at all

Like the flash game, you can set it to 'off'.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 8:42 AM

dschlapman:
    Putting, well I guess I am getting better but it doesn't seem to be consistent on the break.

Totally agree. 
    Every time there is an update I go to the putting green, hoping against hope.
    Still a mess. What works once may or may not work again. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 4:16 PM

JimbeauC:

dschlapman:

Totally agree. 

Honestly, I was doing the same thing. Its coming down to, I have to pick one or the other.

Its messing me up going back and forth.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 3:29 PM

DonCaron:

JimbeauC:

dschlapman:

Totally agree. 

Honestly, I was doing the same thing. Its coming down to, I have to pick one or the other.

Its messing me up going back and forth.

I've decided with the new year upon us that I am going to use the WGT weekly tournaments (free entry only) to practice playing the Early Release version, but I'm going to stick to the flash version to play my Country Club tournaments (which are the majority of what I play anyway). But I won't do both on the same day because it messes me up to have to adjust to different speeds and breaks too quickly one after the other.

My plan is to migrate to the new version entirely some time in the final three months of the year, hoping that I can get somewhere close to the level I play on the flash version.

My putting on the new version is already way better than it was, although the break is alien to me and I'm missing tiddlers that would make me howl in the flash version. But so it goes. Flash is going, no ifs or buts about it, so if I want to keep on playing in 2021 then I'd better get used to the new version and that's all there is to it.

I find it's a lot better if I don't allow myself to get distracted by how low quality the avatar looks, as well as the flags and ball. They are jarringly conspicuous against the photographed course backgrounds, and although that is the same in the flash version too the resolution seemed better.

Anyway, onward and upwards.

Nigel.

• PAGES
RSS