Help › Forums

Early Access Update 12/18

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 13 2020 8:16 AM (25 replies)
  • Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 3:50 PM

mrm6400:
    Also on putting it is difficult to read and it's way too precise.  You have to be exactly on it or it will miss as if there is not enough forgiveness in putting.  Should be looked into as we all miss putts but not this many.  I have been playing the WGT PC app version since it became available so I have had time to adjust and you can't adjust when you feeling like you have to land a helicopter on a telephone line just to get a putt to drop.

Na, I think you just can't putt bro. Let me give you two tips,

1. The break in the first yard of the putt is more important than the last yard. Remove the flag and move the distance marker back and forth along the line. Also release the distance marker along the line and then re-click on it. Pay attention to what the dots are doing.
    2. Speed, your speed calculation has to be right. If your ball is rolling more than 3-6 inches past the hole your stroke is to firm and the ball just won't drop - period

But my biggest piece of advice is never eve blame the game, we all like to think we are better than what we are. Truth is we are not! 

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 5:58 PM

I think you need to check someone's stats before giving advice, he has way more experience and better stats so, do your homework next time :)

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 6:16 PM

And you need to stop thinkng I care. A TC should be able to putt not blame the game, my guess he loves playing of the ladies tees

But if you wish friend me and I'll take you out for a round and teach you.I did my research and suggest you like the ladies tees as well.

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 6:46 PM

Robbob, you seem to not comprehend that this thread and the "new" pc app is a work in progress. If there were no feedback here then wgt would assume all is well, unless some of the wgt working crew discovered it.

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 10:58 PM

nerve60:

Robbob, you seem to not comprehend that this thread and the "new" pc app is a work in progress. If there were no feedback here then wgt would assume all is well, unless some of the wgt working crew discovered it.

Here we go, having to explain oneself for having an opinion. The new PC App is not so new. Its called the mobile app. Many of us have been playing it for a long time and it is well known inside the mobile community how much "harder" putting is. With that said WGT gives you superior tools for reading the line and distance parameters can be calculated down to an inch. Get the line and roll right and far more putts sink than don't. My putting has improved dramatically since switching versions. So it just plain shites me to tears when someone blames the game rather than their owning their own short comings.

And just for the record us mobile players are sick of you PC players whining to get things changed cause your not use to it. Embrace the change, live the change, love the change

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 8:00 AM

Just for the record, your a legend in your own mind!

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 11:21 AM

the enlarged map and ability for those using PCEA to use the arrow to set the aim point from the tee box is quite nice...

it would also be nice if that same option existed for mobile players because the camera angles / views can be problematic at times 

note, at least based on my attempts... I could not adjust this arrow / aim point from the tee box in the mini map on an android tablet the same way it can be done on the PC EA version.  

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 12:29 PM

DavStan:

Just for the record, your a legend in your own mind!

Boo hoo. I'm a legend because I tee off from the men's. Your a tour legend because you tee off from the ladies. 

Open invitation for a round brother, anytime, any course any conditions. 

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 2:26 PM

I sent you a friend request, I don't want any excuses after I smoke you with the 3 dollar sleeve of balls I have always used against your high dollar ones!

• ElDystoped
    49 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 2:38 PM

Please record it, lol.

RSS