Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual Tour is Ending

Mon, Jan 13 2020 12:41 PM (43 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 2:59 PM

Hi everyone. 

This month’s WGT Virtual Tour tournament, the Erin Hills Championship, will be the last in the series.

For the last five years we’ve run monthly tournaments in the Virtual Tour, evolving the format and structure throughout, and now it’s time for something new!

Keep an eye out for new Tournaments like the WGT Live Series, European eTour, and more in 2020. 

And in the meantime, don’t miss out on this last Major tournament with a total purse of 250,000 credits.
    http://wgt.com/golf-tournaments/stroke-play/erin-hills-championship-tournament.aspx?id=ec42907caec548ab90c3ab0c0141acb0

_CHAMPION 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 6:15 PM

Say it ain’t so !!! 😢 Honestly I’ll be sad to see the WGT Virtual Tour go come January.

Don't get me wrong as I really do like what I’ve seen so far of both the NEW “WGT Live Series” and “Euro eTour” events. But so far these two events look like they will be tierless “open” events where everyone from Amateurs to Tour Champions will be competing in the same event. I’m not against that as these two new events are designed to propel WGT Golf into the eSports World and having the BEST players showcasing the game is appropriate. 

But the nice thing about the VT events was that being tiered, they were an opportunity for anyone regardless of skill level to legitimately compete and experience winning! I know that I personally was as 😄 as a 🐷 in 💩 back in May when I won the VT “Master” level event at Olympic CC!!!  I also enjoyed the Multi Round format that most of the regular WGT tournaments do not have. The “Unlimited/Single Play” 2 round format and even better the “Unlimited/Single/Single” 3 round format of the quarterly “Majors” were a better test of skill as you only had one shot at the single play events!!!

WGTChampion:
    Keep an eye out for new Tournaments like the WGT Live Series, European eTour, and more in 2020.
    _CHAMPION

I for one am hoping the “and more” includes some type of Monthly, Tiered, Multi-round tourneys that don’t really currently exist now that the VT is being dissolved.

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 4:16 AM

MarchieB:

Say it ain’t so !!! 😢 Honestly I’ll be sad to see the WGT Virtual Tour go come January.

Don't get me wrong as I really do like what I’ve seen so far of both the NEW “WGT Live Series” and “Euro eTour” events. But so far these two events look like they will be tierless “open” events where everyone from Amateurs to Tour Champions will be competing in the same event. I’m not against that as these two new events are designed to propel WGT Golf into the eSports World and having the BEST players showcasing the game is appropriate. 

But the nice thing about the VT events was that being tiered, they were an opportunity for anyone regardless of skill level to legitimately compete and experience winning! I know that I personally was as 😄 as a 🐷 in 💩 back in May when I won the VT “Master” level event at Olympic CC!!!  I also enjoyed the Multi Round format that most of the regular WGT tournaments do not have. The “Unlimited/Single Play” 2 round format and even better the “Unlimited/Single/Single” 3 round format of the quarterly “Majors” were a better test of skill as you only had one shot at the single play events!!!

WGTChampion:
    _CHAMPION

I for one am hoping the “and more” includes some type of Monthly, Tiered, Multi-round tourneys that don’t really currently exist now that the VT is being dissolved.

+1 and very well argued

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 4:39 AM
    sad to see the vt tour dissolved.....it was a fair oppurtunity for lower level tier players to win......now with this ETOUR....we will have the same 10 players or so winning trips and credits......the rest of us can only sit and watch........wgt is moving towards an elite system it would seem...........
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:20 AM

I'm going to gripe here for a second. In many threads I see complaints that we only care about new players, and in others I see that we only care about top players. So maybe we care about all of you? (spoiler: the answer is yes, we care about all of you). 

There will be a VT replacement that won't be as prominent (i.e. won't have quarterly leaderboards or crowns for winners, or a special section in the website). It will likely be a 2 round weekly tournament but don't take that as confirmed as I'm still working on it. 

If anyone has any name suggestions for it I'm open to it. So far I've been calling WGTChampion's Super Cup Weekly Tournament. The issue with the name is that obviously I'm an egomaniac who put's my name on stuff, AND what even is a Super Cup? I certainly don't have a trophy to give out... 

TL:DR I have your back. 

_CHAMPION 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:27 AM
    the WINNERS trophy.....open for all tiers.....seems logical champ......and it doesnt have your name on it lol
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:32 AM

Hey Champ,   How about "The Dodgy Winners Cup"  :-)

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:34 AM

WGTChampion:

I'm going to gripe here for a second. In many threads I see complaints that we only care about new players, and in others I see that we only care about top players. So maybe we care about all of you? (spoiler: the answer is yes, we care about all of you). 

There will be a VT replacement that won't be as prominent (i.e. won't have quarterly leaderboards or crowns for winners, or a special section in the website). It will likely be a 2 round weekly tournament but don't take that as confirmed as I'm still working on it. 

If anyone has any name suggestions for it I'm open to it. So far I've been calling WGTChampion's Super Cup Weekly Tournament. The issue with the name is that obviously I'm an egomaniac who put's my name on stuff, AND what even is a Super Cup? I certainly don't have a trophy to give out... 

TL:DR I have your back. 

_CHAMPION 

If it's a weekly tournament like the PGA how about the WGT Tour?

I know it's kind of called that already, but just because there's no leader boards doesn't mean it can't be called that.  

Maybe ...

WGT Tour Week 1, 2, 3 etc.

Have you/will you consider making both rounds single play?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:39 AM

kavvz:

WGT Tour Week 1, 2, 3 etc.

Have you/will you consider making both rounds single play?

I like this idea

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:46 AM

Tournament of the week. Simple and to the point

RSS