Some of you aren't going to like this

Sat, Oct 3 2020 7:54 PM (30 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 4:25 AM

WigerToods2010:

DonCaron:
    I use the newest version with no problem. I never log out of it

I've Windows 10 version 1909 (OS: 18363.535) running and the new EA version runs just fine and has done since initially downloading/installing it a while back (think I used a link from Scott to do so).

Putting? Now that's a different story... :(

I use the same version.

Yes putting is a problem on tough greens for me.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 5:55 AM

@ Simon : Im running Windows 10 Home 1909 version . When I download the installer it keeps giving me what looks to be the mobile version of the game . So after a couple of tries with no success I`ve just left it alone . No sense in messing up a new computer trying to force the issue .

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 6:15 AM

BogeyOne:
    All the bells and whistles of the flash game are not even nearly in place now, but I am certain that WGT is burning the midnight oil to get it ready.  There is plenty of time.  People are being told that but some just insist in berating the efforts and making false claims and assumptions.

I have never played the game on the FlashPC version as I am almost exclusively a Mobile player.  I have installed and played a game or two on the PCEA version but that currently is almost exactly identical to the Mobile version.

There definitely are aspects of the Flash game that would be nice to see in either or both the PCEA or mobile game. But just out of curiosity has WGT stated that they will or intend to add  "All the bells and whistles of the flash game" to the PCEA game???

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,296 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 6:39 AM

LONNIE SCOTT, LONNIE NEED TO SPEAK TO YOU, I HAVE A NEW NUMBER 813-850-7902, VERY IMPORTANT I HOPE WERE MATURE ENOUGH TO PUT WHAT HAPPEN .... SEEMS LIKE YEARS AG0, BEHIND US, BROTHER , YES MY BROTHER    813-850-7902, ALEX

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 9:05 AM

lonniescott711:
    No sense in messing up a new computer trying to force the issue .

You're right. The best is to leave it as it is.

Quite on the contrary, after hearing what Don, Wiger and you said, I'm the one who's gotta try the newest 1909 version.

As to the PCEA version, it is normal that it keeps giving you what closely resembles the mobile version because that's what it is based on. 

There's still a plenty of time for WGT to work on it so hopefully they come up with something that would satisfy both flash loyalists and mobile aficionados.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 12:20 PM

Nice review Bogey One... I appreciate all the criticism, and even criticize myself, on things that I don't like in "early access"..But I also don't like that attitude " I will never play that thing...It's the end for me and wgt...You'll see players leaving etc. "

Adaptation is key word there..and it takes some time. I see lot of avatars here in that yellow t-shirt. Must be one of "players choice" apparels right now in game :)

Nik

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 1:19 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    As to the PCEA version, it is normal that it keeps giving you what closely resembles the mobile version because that's what it is based on. 

I’ve been playing the mobile version for the last few months and recently downloaded the Mac version, to see what I was missing?

it’s the mobile version, that’s all, and that’s all it will ever be.

The putting is totally different, green breaks just aren’t there!

Need a reply option, notepad or similar and you can now move the top tracer window, just wish it would stay where you left it!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 1:35 PM

BogeyOne:

It would seem that one reason it is being so vehemently rejected by flash die-harders is their realization that they will have to face being a small fish in a big pond for quite a while before they can even be nearly as in command and control as they are used to being now.  Indeed, they may never assume the lofty position they hold here. What a pity.

I think you'll find that not to be the case.  Once putting is figured out, or WGT makes it more like the flash version, the cream will always rise to the top.  

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 2:48 PM

andwhy67:
    The putting is totally different, green breaks just aren’t there!

You mean like there's a difference even between PCEA and mobile?

kavvz:
    Once putting is figured out...

It will be eventually. And those who dominate in flash will also dominate in the new platform. No doubt!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 2:06 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    You mean like there's a difference even between PCEA and mobile?

Simom, I must admit I’ve only played the PCEA Mac version a few times, to me it looks identical to mobile in every way, maybe I should play some more of it, or just stick to playing the mobile version?

Mobile is now a bit easier with a Bluetooth mouse, I get a lot closer to the theoretical ding so to speak.

I’m playing a lot more mobile lately and posting some good scores and some bad, some really bad, but it’s a learning curve, if I quit the round after a few bad holes I’m not gonna get to grips with the putting, but what I have played on the PCEA seems very similar or the same almost but really bad graphics, a square looking ball, staggered green grids.

RSS