Forums

Help › Forums

Some of you aren't going to like this

Sat, Oct 3 2020 7:54 PM (30 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 4:46 PM

First of all the PCEA game is fun to play and even at the very early stages of preparation as a replacement for the flash game is coming along just fine. All the bells and whistles of the flash game are not even nearly in place now, but I am certain that WGT is burning the midnight oil to get it ready.  There is plenty of time.  People are being told that but some just insist in berating the efforts and making false claims and assumptions. 

The graphics and the physics are mostly acceptable already. It is going to take some effort and time to adapt to it, should you even have an open enough mind to make the effort, but all the whining and complaining and threatening to leave and not come back is not going to change things. Nothing you can say or do will have any effect on the plan in place. An old saying goes like this: One can either let fate lead you by the hand or drag you by the heels.

It would seem that one reason it is being so vehemently rejected by flash die-harders is their realization that they will have to face being a small fish in a big pond for quite a while before they can even be nearly as in command and control as they are used to being now.  Indeed, they may never assume the lofty position they hold here. What a pity.

In conclusion, the PCEA (mobile) game is fun to play even at the stage it is at now. People that stick with it and start to figure things out are not going to be leaving in droves. It is not the beginning of the end for WGT.  This is borne out by the fact that the mobile game has been around for a good length of time now and has lots and lots and lots of dedicated players.  Right before I posted this, I just monitored the mobile site and found 2486 people presently active in the coin rooms alone and this excludes all those that are playing solo games or games against friends, and etc.

I know this is not going to fit in with the doomsday view of many, but that is too bad. Those that choose to make the transition will be rewarded at the conclusion of the PCEA development with a highly satisfactory rewarding golf experience plus the companionship of lots of their friends from the flash game.

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 5:12 PM

Agreed! All I play anymore is the new version and I like it a lot! I didn't like it at first but after a couple of weeks it grew on me. I tell my wgt friends to give it a chance because it is a lil different but its worth it! Can't wait to see what the so called finished product will be like. They still have a long way to go but so far so good.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 6:12 PM

I would love to give it a try but for some unknown reason , it still wont download properly on my computer . I purchased a brand new HP laptop about 2 months ago and the new version wont play on it . It wont let me login so cant play it . Will try again in another month or so and see if it will work then .

• PaulMercier
    97 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 6:27 PM

I just downloaded the game and took it for a test drive. 

I have a 2 monitor set up in my office. I load my game on the left monitor and my excel spread sheets on the right monitor. The spread sheets contain my club mapping data and notes. In this new game whenever I click on a spread sheet  the left monitor goes black for a few seconds and then the spread sheet appears on the left monitor and the right monitor is empty.

Is anyone else using 2 monitors and if so are you having a similar problem?

Thanks,

Paul

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 8:37 PM

Lonnie, did you try logging in on the flash version and then open the new version?, i'm not sure that will work but it should until you can figure out why you can't log in, and if it does work by logging in on the flash version, don't log out when you finish playing the new version, just exit. I never have to login in on the new version, ever!

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 8:42 PM

Paul, I don't have an answer for you because I don't use 2 monitors, all I use is a putting chart, everything else I just figure as I go, but I have to minimize the game to see my putting chart when I need it, its annoying but until they fix that problem I just deal with it. I read some threads that Scott Hope posted, he wrote a program to temporarily fix  the problem that you speak of but you will have to look in the early access threads to find it, sorry!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 9:57 PM

@Lonnie

Since your laptop is only two months old, I'm pretty sure it runs on Windows 10 version 1809 (Redstone 5) and that might be the problem.

Starting from W10 v1807, there are many, I mean many! (old & recent) programs that cannot be installed and/or executed.

For the same reason, I actually had to perform a rollback back in May or June and now am still using the version 1803 (Redstone 4) in which everything works just fine. I don't know how long MS will support this version (and really not strongly recommended for security reasons), but you might want to give a try on it (if possible) to see whether it would work for you or not.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 1:13 AM

DavStan:
    I read some threads that Scott Hope posted, he wrote a program to temporarily fix  the problem that you speak of but you will have to look in the early access threads to find it, sorry!

Links to all my 'stuff' are available on my profile page

Thank you.

EDIT : If you click the link to my page then hit enter when the page loads, it will, hopefully, take you to the post referred by DavStan.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 1:24 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

@Lonnie

Since your laptop is only two months old, I'm pretty sure it runs on Windows 10 version 1809 (Redstone 5) and that might be the problem.

Starting from W10 v1807, there are many, I mean many! (old & recent) programs that cannot be installed and/or executed.

For the same reason, I actually had to perform a rollback back in May or June and now am still using the version 1803 (Redstone 4) in which everything works just fine. I don't know how long MS will support this version (and really not strongly recommended for security reasons), but you might want to give a try on it (if possible) to see whether it would work for you or not.

I use the newest version with no problem. I never log out of it

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 3:31 AM

DonCaron:
    I use the newest version with no problem. I never log out of it

I've Windows 10 version 1909 (OS: 18363.535) running and the new EA version runs just fine and has done since initially downloading/installing it a while back (think I used a link from Scott to do so).

Putting? Now that's a different story... :(

RSS