Forums

Help › Forums

Host & Santas needed for 2019 12-D.O.C.

Fri, Dec 13 2019 10:05 AM (104 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 8:32 AM

I found videos much more available in Europe myself. . . . last summer.  But every one who gets videos has 150 limit now.  Takes me about 10 sign-ins to get them, between 10 to 30 credits at a sitting, but when I have time for that, it works.

Asians and Africans don’t have access, I think.  Not sure about Aussies and other downunders.

Good thought, Callaghan

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 8:51 AM

opyeuclid:
    That would be me .

Ok Opy .  Let me know if you need any help keeping these guys in line .LOL 

I would suggest to let people give as they wish , On any day .  However someone needs to keep track of who gets what from whom .  That way no one gets multiple gifts . The Santa's need to review the recipients profile , Make sure they are regular players and in need of what they ask for , Beware of scammers just like every year .  We all know that some people will try and take advantage of your hospitality .

Perhaps you can choose a person that will authorize the gift ,(Call him or her Santa 2) In other words , all the Santa's have to submit a request to Santa 2 before actually sending the gift .  Santa 2 can keep records on who gets what , And post a thread with the list .

Good Luck and Merry Xmas 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 9:04 AM

CEverett12:
    Beware of scammers just like every year .  We all know that some people will try and take advantage of your hospitality .

There are and always will be scammers. This year I will follow my gut feeling. If it don't look and feel right I will keep walking. I've been taken for a ride to often here. Just my opinion.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 10:52 AM

callaghan159:

CEverett12:
    Beware of scammers just like every year .  We all know that some people will try and take advantage of your hospitality .

There are and always will be scammers. This year I will follow my gut feeling. If it don't look and feel right I will keep walking. I've been taken for a ride to often here. Just my opinion.

Discovered last year there were too many high end players asking for gifts, I’m not putting myself forward this year as a Santa, but if I have a gut feeling about someone then I will gift.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 11:16 AM

andwhy67:

callaghan159:

CEverett12:

Discovered last year there were too many high end players asking for gifts, I’m not putting myself forward this year as a Santa, but if I have a gut feeling about someone then I will gift.

I noticed that last year as well.  

As Casey suggested, I also did some background checking before gifting last year (I always do).

I also agree with Casey's suggestion of a "Santa Manager" as the clearinghouse for gifting.  Last year Robert1893 and Leggoman did a terrific (and very difficult) job of this, but it is very time-consuming for many of us to attempt.

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 11:47 AM
    DoctorLarry:
    I also agree with Casey's suggestion of a "Santa Manager" as the clearinghouse for gifting.  Last year Robert1893 and Leggoman did a terrific (and very difficult) job of this, but it is very time-consuming for many of us to attempt.
    And it would only work if all Ghosts Past, Present, and Future cooperated with the procedure, whether prior approval or whatever is decided.
  • gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 3:51 PM

AlaskanDame:
    And it would only work if all Ghosts Past, Present, and Future cooperated with the procedure

Well, that's about as demonstrative as communism

For the past four years, I and a few others, have managed to invigorate the community, with out leg irons & cuffs, completely in the shadows.........Many others followed the GUILDLINES!

How in the world did that happen???? Gifts were not duplicated, lists were kept, T's crossed, I's dotted, and still, the event was a success.....Year, after year.

I guess the old adage is true... All good things MUST come to an end 

Have you ever thought, the more restrictions you entail, the less people are going to be wantonly involved?

If you do this that way, and strip the benevolence from the individuals, that make up this grand design, you will have burned a once great tradition

A flame that I will have nothing to do with.

Besides, you said you were out.... In, out, make up your mind, not constraints........

Image result for santa arrested in chains

In the past, everything was tolerable on the gifting end. It was so, because, people worked together.

Some CC's would have a day, some peeps would team up, and have a day, etc..

SIMPLE. Not some contrived pantheon of controllers, one has to navigate...........

As a once great man said, "Pharaoh, LET ME PEOPLE GO"!

Then there was peace. You know the REAL thing Christmas is all about?

"Peace on earth and mercy mild, God and sinners reconciled" da da da, da da da da do  do do, do do do do............

Don't mess with my reconciliation Dudette, or a working model of capitalism. PFFFFT

If you didn't expect this answer, you know nothing about me. I roll for no man, woman, or child.... Everyone that knows me, knew this was well asked for. Those that stay at bay, also knew this was on it's way

If you want to use my likeness, choose my Avatars name, not ghost... Disrespectful, and people may confuse the issue, as someone else, you may be throwing under the bus collectively.

See the source image

I honestly wish you don't burn this fantastic tradition, over control issues, for everyone's sake. That's inclusive of the head cheese, WGT. My hope is for a lasting HAPPY tradition

Imma sit back now, and get some marshmallows

Image result for burned marshmallow

------------------------<*{{{{{-(

• Leggoman13
    8,251 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 4:50 PM

Is the 12 days start on thursday december 12th,

ending on monday december 23rd ?

cheers :o)

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 5:26 PM

gonfission:
    Besides, you said you were out.... In, out, make up your mind, not constraints........
    I’m still a Santa.  Only.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 6:01 PM

gonfission:

For the past four years, I and a few others, have managed to invigorate the community, with out leg irons & cuffs, completely in the shadows.........Many others followed the GUILDLINES!

How in the world did that happen???? Gifts were not duplicated, lists were kept, T's crossed, I's dotted, and still, the event was a success.....Year, after year.

I guess the old adage is true... All good things MUST come to an end 

Have you ever thought, the more restrictions you entail, the less people are going to be wantonly involved?

What restrictions ?  I think everyone should gift whatever they want ,  No credit restrictions , No leg irons and no cuffs .  Sometimes people get 2 of the same item from different people because They don't know the other person sent the gift already .  And then they ask for something else on a different day .  Your free to do whatever you want . Gift or not .  It's up to you . 

Some people just like controversy and drama . (Argue) , I will  not .  my suggestions are for organizing and less confusion . Simple as that . 

I have a sour taste in my mouth already , and the event has not even started yet . Thank you .  

IM OUT . Good luck and merry Xmas 

RSS