• Day 12: ketket1

Throughout, at will:

• drmoose
    • 1secretsanta
    • Conveyorguy
    • LuckySkreet
    • Callaghan159
    • Jacktrade51
    • DoctorLarry (not over 1000cr per gift)
  • opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Thu, Dec 5 2019 5:32 PM

We have some Santa,s and days to be filled , I asked for my Christmas wish  for a "name" or two to help fill the list for gifts to be handed out for the good boys and girls here in WGT land .

OPY 

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Fri, Dec 6 2019 8:44 PM
    Time to bump this up again . . .
  • gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 4:59 AM

Would it not be pragmatic for WGT to advertise this event on virtually every venue they have?

After all, they are the big winners during this yearly event

----------------------<*{{{{{-(

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 7:42 AM

gonfission:

Would it not be pragmatic for WGT to advertise this event on virtually every venue they have?

Maybe WGT wants to see if this gets off the ground first before advertising a possible non-event.  Are you participating?

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 8:28 AM

AlaskanDame:

gonfission:

Maybe WGT wants to see if this gets off the ground first before advertising a possible non-event.  Are you participating?

With the video limits put on us I can imagine gifting will be way down this year. I know I will be watching closely what I gift. Sorry to those who put in wishes. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 9:19 AM

callaghan159:

With the video limits put on us I can imagine gifting will be way down this year. I know I will be watching closely what I gift. Sorry to those who put in wishes. 

I think we will still be able to help lower level players with some toys in their stockings  that will increase their fun, such as wedges, putters, and drivers.  Upper level players should maybe think about giving rather than getting gifts.

Some, I’m pretty sure, will be doing this giving within their own CC’s.  Great!  But Opy’s hoping for some more Santas here, too.

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 10:15 AM

AlaskanDame:
    Maybe WGT wants to see if this gets off the ground first before advertising a possible non-event.

"Get off the ground"?

MrCaddie started this event over 6 years ago. How much runway does WGT need, I mean the Antonov An-225 Mriya (largest plane ever built) requires 9000 feet, for take off, & 11000 feet to land...

I doubt WGT is going to take off, or land, on this benevolence any time soon, if they already haven't.

In WGT's support, I do vaguely remember them getting SLIGHTLY involved one year. so, there's that

AlaskanDame:
    Are you participating?

Every year. From behind the scenes. I gift to others, not looking for recognition of others.

I'm usually good for between 10,000 & 20,000 credits, and you???

Should you want to confirm this claim, you need only contact "MrCaddie"

Hell, one year Renniw25 (AKA Renn) & I joined up, and, burned about 30,000 credits. Caught heckem for that one

This event has been marred in the past by overzealous scrutiny, of SOME players, if a Peep comes to ask for a gift of balls on one day, I see no problem gifting again, if there is a lackluster outpouring to this event.....

It is the gifting itself, that is important, not the amounts.....

I will offer a paltry sum, as before this year, and you??

After all, the devil's due is almost insurmountable, if I want to go the "great gig in the sky", I have to pay my dues for passage, up there, as well.

Here's an old throwback from my youth, enjoy......... A very Merry Christmas to you. Thank you for stepping up & helping Opy

Where are you going??

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 11:13 AM
    I'll step up right here and say that there's no need to trouble mrcaddie...I mentioned my friend's benevolence in another thread, and will do so again here.It is unquestionable. Glad to see that peace has been made in that thread, btw. I do have to wonder a little about my friend's knowledge of the An-225 Dream (Ukranian translation). Could it be firsthand ?...Anyway, if you look quickly, he even looks a little like St. Nick :) Cheers Brother, sorry we couldn't get a couple more rounds in b4 the snow flew.
  • AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 12:44 PM

gonfission, I was asking about your participation merely to see if I should update the list of Santas.  Only trying to help Opy in the way he asked.  Since you don’t seem to want “recognition,” I won’t put you on the list, I guess. 

Query:  does not wanting recognition mean we other Santas might wind up duplicating your gifts?  Or will you be posting somewhere (here, recipient’s wall, ????) when/what you give?

As Callaghan knows firsthand, duplication and getting refunds from WGT  is a fairly messy process, even when only a couple gifts are involved.  I’d hate to waste WGT CS time on that sort of thing when there are other issues they could be dealing with.

Thanks!  And happy holidays to you.

AKD

RSS