Forums

Help › Forums

A Gift...2019 Andyson Memorial

Wed, Apr 1 2020 4:23 PM (172 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 3:40 PM

(Edit- posted wrong proof, above picture is correct)

Hi everyone,

Sadly it's that time of year again...the end of the annual Andyson Memorial Tournament, run brilliantly, once again, by Shedlite. I wasn't able to play this year due to personal reasons but a lot of my friends did and they haven't stopped talking about it, they all said they had a great time and made some new friends. So again, kudos to Shedlite for a wonderful event.

On the bright-side, those participants that finished the first two rounds of stroke-play will receive a little memento to remember this years event by. So, each of those participants (listed below) will receive a real life golf ball marker (shown above) in the mail. You can use it on the golf course in real life if you play, if you don't play you can keep it in the corner of your monitor to remember our friend by as you play the game.

A quick note about the marker design for those of you not in the know. Dennis "Andyson" Anderson's obituary asked that in lieu of flowers...donations be sent to springerrescue.org. Hence the cute dog with the floppy ears and the url.

I would personally like the thank whooshdangit for graciously donating his time to help design this years marker...thank you Rich!

Here is the list of players that will be receiving a marker this year. Read through the list carefully, it's in alphabetical order, but there are a few names at the bottom that are out of order-

1963Bubba      
    1irony            
    375golfer00     
    akatiger74     
    alanti      
    amateur4sure     
    Beryman             
    bigcountry317     
    Biggunky     
    BillyHighbeams     
    Bluey403     
    borntobesting 
    Borat74             
    Breezybaby1811
    Chris1973M     
    chunter26     
    claremoreblue     
    conveyorguy     
    dacrash             
    dandycap      
    dekronk             
    Donaldkey8798     
    drmoose             
    Duckster789     
    DufferJohn7     
    ElseMonica      
    FLYERBT             
    garyk49             
    giraldin     
    GirnBlanston     
    golfdawg01     
    hpurey             
    ibprime
    IvaThongon     
    javito1             
    JessicaHill21 
    K7JBQ             
    Leggoman13     
    lonniescott711
    Melonhead66630     
    mgsvz         
    mikeyb6           
    MioKontic     
    Next260             
    opyeuclid     
    overthedge     
    palopalante     
    perkadan     
    Phippo20040     
    Qputts        
    RANGER1988
    ri99        
    RockSteady
    RoggRR
    Rossembo     
    rotund57
    RUSAVED        
    Shedlite     
    shing1          
    stashb            
    sticketttight
    STICKY63     
    terwyl1      
    thegoosebag
    Tiewaz     
    Tomr789     
    twinponds169
    txzdave      
    VamboRools
    VEM9000     
    wleiss
    WUISENRIKE
    Wutpa     
    xxDannyxxo
    xz05fm     
    YancyCan
    Yiannis1970
    bg444out
    Tdotdoba
    Chooki15
    MGB01    
    whooshdangit 
    young46

HOW DO I GET MY MARKER-

UK players-If your name is on the list above and you reside in the UK, please send your postal address to whooshdangit. If he is not on your friends list then send him a friend invite, he will accept your invite and then you can send him your info. DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONAL INFO ON HIS WALL OR IN THIS THREAD!

AU & NZ players-
    If your name is on the list above and you reside in AU or NZ, please send your postal address to alanti. If he is not on your friends list then send him a friend invite, he will accept your invite and then you can send him your info. DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONAL INFO ON HIS WALL OR IN THIS THREAD!

US & ROTW (Rest of the World) players-
    If your name is on the list above and you reside in the US or the ROTW, please send your postal address to me, mrcaddie. If I am not on your friends list then send me a friend invite, I will accept your invite and then you can send me your info. DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONAL INFO ON MY WALL OR IN THIS THREAD!

Now some of you may be leery about sending a total stranger your personal info...I get it. If you're uncomfortable with sharing your info, you can respectfully decline our offer in this thread and we'll find another player to send your marker to.This is the third year markers have been sent out and we have NEVER had a problem with anyone's personal information being used for nefarious reasons.

Lastly, this years marker is brought to you by the following players- opyeuclid (Rick), conveyorguy (Mike), gonfission (Joe) and myself. It was truly a collaborative effort. 

In closing...thanks to Shedlite for putting together another wonderful event, thanks to whooshdangit for designing this years marker, thanks to all the players that participated this year, congrats to the winners of the tournaments this year and thanks to Opy, Mike and Joe for sponsoring this years marker.

We hope you'll all be really excited when you open the package you find at your doorstep.

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 4:12 PM

First off I would like to say Thank You to every one that took the time to play a game in the name of Andyson !   He was special here in WGT land .

And this years marker is special .

2nd   .  Thank You to the  " Players "  that worked  to bring this all together . 

OPY 

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 4:21 PM
    Thank you to Shedlite, without whom this may not have happened. Well done Bill :). And a special Thank You to Opy, who helped get all of us together to create this wonderful gift in memory of our friend Dennis. Thank You Opy :)!
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 5:36 PM

mrcaddie:
    A quick note about the marker design for those of you not in the know. Dennis "Andyson" Anderson's obituary asked that in lieu of flowers...donations be sent to springerrescue.org. Hence the cute dog with the floppy ears and the url.

I will cherish this ball marker along with the previous one.  Forever RIP Dennis, we love ya and miss the heck out of you buddy.

PM sent MC

Thanks again to all who organized and put this thing together and than you to those putting in the effort, time and money to get these markers made and shipped.

Hazen

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 7:06 PM

Thanks for the marker guys I will take great pride in having it . If WGT doesnt screw the game up I may be able to build up a collection over the years to come . :-) 

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 5:57 AM

Hi all !

conveyorguy:
    Thank you to Shedlite, without whom this may not have happened. Well done Bill :). And a special Thank You to Opy, who helped get all of us together to create this wonderful gift in memory of our friend Dennis. Thank You Opy :)!

👍 +1 

Got no further than I did last year but had a blast playing. Once again, a superb effort by all involved, and many congratulations to the two very worthy winners!

A fitting tribute to Dennis, much missed.

Cheers!

Rich

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 9:36 AM

Classy stuff, from some class acts all around. Well done to all involved.

Doc :)

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 12:13 PM

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 5:15 PM
    Bumpitty bump
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 8:27 PM

At this rate it will take us about six months to send these gifts out to players if we can't keep it on the front page for players to see.

RSS