Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • maruschak
    572 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 11:01 AM

I've been away from this game a long time,..just returned 3 wks ago and play every day,..I play few tournaments,NEVER getting on leader board. I'm level 52..scoring avg of 74+. I play starters clubs and practice from easy and medium tee boxes.

I've only played with about 3-4 players on line,...and yesterday and today I played 3 games on line with other players,.....EVERY one of them disconnected before the end of the round except one player! TodayI played a player wuth hi-tech clubs..he averaged 66,...we played at St Georges,...on the 11 th hole he hit in the weeds,...I was 2 over par and he was now 3 over...HE QUIT!!! I suppose he was not up to getting beat by a : hacker" by comparison!!

My point is simple,....I'm NOT gonna interact with wimps here. I'm  sure there are a lot with the same problem,...I will play with anyone willing to go right to the last putt, wining or losing!!! I just had to vent ,....I guess there are those ego maniacs here to simply enjoy "playing with themselves!!!"

• Jiim527
    8 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 2:39 PM

I am with you 100% on this, in fact i would go as far as to say that if someone 'disconnects' thay should be deducted say...500 points and the points shared with the player(s) who carry on. May sound harsh, but i was going to sugest a1000 point penalty! as this practice is not very sporting to say the least.

• Kirk0864
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 3:06 PM

I feel the same way, if your not gonna finish a rd. or game don't play other people, go play by yourself. Tired of so called "golfers" starting a game or joining your game, then hit a bad shot, or you get a birdy and they disconnect wasting my time. I like to play and have fun and very seldom get upset but your not gonna hit the "great shot" every time so just keep playing or like i said go play with YOURSELF! No pun intended!

• Comalco
    18 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 6:01 PM

That's the way it is unfortunately.   Some people only stay the course when they are playing well.  They are only dudding themselves because their average doesn't reflect their skill.

Also remember, sometimes people have connection problems and can't help but disconnect.

Cheers

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 10:27 PM

i understand you , first you are correct ..one thing bud if you call weekly tourny ect ....i played them alone .........got me to where i am ........but part of this game comes with players that will quit now and then .....now that i live with this fact ..when it happens to me ,and i am having a good score, i finish the game alone :)   if you like i will play you ,me its for fun good or bad (less fun sometime)  but part of game real or on line, invite me sometime  :)

• MrNaturals
    10 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 7:16 AM

i think WGT should fine the player that quits. i played a stroke play game.and lost 2 ball that i payed (in the weeds) for all the other 3 players ended up quitting by the 3rd hole i was so mad.this cost me $$$ WGT needs to do something about the quitter 1 of the player was a master so it all level of players that quit.please fine them WGT.

W G T im not playing your game untill u get this problem resolved. i have 38  consecutive days going on right now .

im gonna goto EA sports tiger woods online game.untill u tell me it is fix.

• golfentwilly
    158 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 4:49 PM

to to many cant man up to finish what they start,,,I find its true in life to ,,not just this game

• southboys
    421 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 7:03 PM

U can challenge me if u want (blitz,match and stroke play only tho), i am always up for it. 1 thing for sure, i don't quit !!!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Oct 3 2011 12:48 PM

I try to play with people in my friends list mostly.   But I am over the quitting thing, not much we can do about it, and it has been brought up over and over and over...... 

Only time it gets to me now is when they quit and it freezes out everyone else from playing the game together.

That's about the only time I quit, I would rather play in multiplayer mode, regardless of score, if the game gets locked out from someone quitting I just search for a new game.  Unless it's the last hole of course.  

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Mon, Oct 3 2011 3:03 PM

you will find a positve correlation in that the higher the tier ranked players you play with, the more likely they will finish the game.

qbal

RSS