Forums

Help › Forums

Shot Meter

Thu, Dec 5 2019 9:20 AM (59 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 2:26 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Having multiple vertical lines doesn't bother me personally, only the excessive size (height) of the meter.

Another case of each to their own, I guess...

a harmless shot meter for ya Simon...

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 4:26 PM

I,have the same problem with sp and pp Fobs. It's distracting to the eye.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 5:55 PM

Actually... my eyes are getting used to the new meter. Not that I'm saying now it's esthetically pleasing (I still find it fugly as hell) but I accept to compromise and live with it.

Handshakes to all of you whether you accorded or differed, agreed or disagreed with me.

Cheers and good golfing!

• Mike_In_Cobb
    7 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 10:11 PM

I've spent a lot of money on this game over the years.  I'm just done.  Took a long time to get good at this game and now with this crappy meter I cant even ding and getting precision within the 10% bar is a joke. Tired of slow crappy servers too.  As soon as my balls run out and I use up my credits I'm hanging it up.  I'll plunk down on a Skytrac this xmas and actually help my real golf game

• TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 11:09 PM

Any news of an update on this for iOS please?

As others have commented the new meter continues to negatively affect gameplay - the bars on SP are now far too narrow, thus making setting a precise distance little more than guesswork. 

Several complaints from mobile players within my CC’s forum. Due to the above it simply isn’t physically possible to adapt to this new meter as it is on a small screen! 

I frankly don’t much care for the aesthetics of the meter either way - have always thought the game looks great on mobile, still does - nor do I care much if the meter ‘seems’ quicker or slower - any decent player can adapt to such changes thru time, usually quite quickly.  

What I/we CANNOT adapt to is attempting to precisely set a distance within these now tiny 10% SP sections. With a 3iron in your hand that makes the difference between 2-3 yards away ultimately....

Would staff kindly advise please? 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2019 11:11 PM

Mike_In_Cobb:

I've spent a lot of money on this game over the years.  I'm just done.  Took a long time to get good at this game and now with this crappy meter I cant even ding and getting precision within the 10% bar is a joke. Tired of slow crappy servers too.  As soon as my balls run out and I use up my credits I'm hanging it up.  I'll plunk down on a Skytrac this xmas and actually help my real golf game

Wow... You're a real longtime player!

Why don't you take a break and come back later whenever you feel like instead of quitting for good? It'd be a tremendous shame to throw eleven years away just like that.

• Jeanniejef
    834 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 11:55 AM

Totally agree with you Sparks.

Many many hours wasted honing skills and yardages. Now just a lottery !

WGT technical just a joke and will probably be on holiday now for a couple of days. Latest updates not working. Android update did work for me but then stopped. iOS hasn’t changed one bit.  Messaging now works, oh great we all needed that, yeah.

Wish they would just pull their fingers out and sort this out when it is such a fundamental part of playing. 

• chipshotdan
    29 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2019 2:18 PM

I no it’s personal choice but I think as much as it’s better for eyes haha 😂 it is just to big for a mobile phone 🤔 plus chat has gone *** up can’t even read what someone types to you just say my personal opinion is the update has done the opposite to what it suggested 

chipshotdan 

• Spangled04
    27 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 1:04 PM

Well...after starting this mess I'm ready to admit I like the new meter better. Much easier to see. Has taken about a week to get used to but feel the long term benefits outweigh the short term readjustment. 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Dec 5 2019 9:20 AM

Spangled04:

Well...after starting this mess I'm ready to admit I like the new meter better. Much easier to see. Has taken about a week to get used to but feel the long term benefits outweigh the short term readjustment. 

It’s because WGT actually did the right thing like I recommended earlier in this thread and reduce the meter to 1.5x the original meter. 

RSS