Forums

Help › Forums

Shot Meter

Thu, Dec 5 2019 9:20 AM (59 replies)
  • TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 7:54 AM

Yup, don’t like it one bit. Please return it to how it was.

By making the meter taller but shorter it’s making setting spin/distance on smaller devices even harder. And in game where precision is everything that’s utterly daft....say you know a shot needs to be hit 96%, Christ knows exactly where that now is on an (even) shorter meter!.....

May well be fine on larger screens but on an older, smaller tablet (9.7”), let alone a phone, all the new meter will do is make things even harder. 

Please return it to how is was and pronto - can’t say I recall a single complaint from a mobile player as to how it was before, or anyone asking for it to be changed. Stupid. 

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 11:39 AM

I haven't updated yet so I can't comment on the new meter specifically, but I can say that, all day today, every element of the game play has been an unmitigated *** show.  I didn't suddenly forget how to play the game overnight, I've been absolutely LOCKED-IN with my timing all day, hitting nearly every shot EXACTLY how I want to, and NONE of them are going even remotely where they normally would or should.  It's a complete joke.  Not sure what they broke, but they really need to fix it ASAP.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 1:24 PM

TheSpark4:

Yup, don’t like it one bit. Please return it to how it was.

By making the meter taller but shorter it’s making setting spin/distance on smaller devices even harder. And in game where precision is everything that’s utterly daft....say you know a shot needs to be hit 96%, Christ knows exactly where that now is on an (even) shorter meter!.....

May well be fine on larger screens but on an older, smaller tablet (9.7”), let alone a phone, all the new meter will do is make things even harder. 

Please return it to how is was and pronto - can’t say I recall a single complaint from a mobile player as to how it was before, or anyone asking for it to be changed. Stupid. 

Actually, the length is still the same, it’s the bigger height that gives the illusion of it being shorter. How do I know? I maybe the only person who actually mark the percentage increments on his PHONE CASE.  Using SP and PP actually interfered with my timing; manually marking the increments off the screen helps me ding more consistently. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 2:21 PM

Just something to try. I made the game smaller with 1024X768 setting and I hit the ding a lot more. The meter is smaller also.

I hit the ding 50% on three holes.

• sschudy
    1 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 3:21 PM

Same for me, shot meter totally unpredictable, and now the screen on my phone is zoomed in, I can't even read the wind speeds because the information bars overlap!!! WTF???

• ScottSimmons
    1 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 8:46 PM

+1 I too do not like the sudden change to the wider/taller meter.

Why don't they make it select-able. Let the players decide which version of the meter they want to use.

• MikeFern0712
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 12:38 AM

I'm with the nays on this one. It wasn't broken, don't fix it.  It's now obnoxiously big, timing for me has completely changed and frankly makes me want to put down the game for good.

Please fix this mistake ASAP!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 5:26 AM

Some alleged fixes they do.....

I wish they would consult people first, or atleast give the option to change the size?

Saying that I do quite like the bigger meter, seems a bit easier to hit nearer the ding, and my meter seems a tad slower.

But I still think they should ask first!

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 8:20 AM

MikeFern0712:

I'm with the nays on this one. It wasn't broken, don't fix it.  It's now obnoxiously big, timing for me has completely changed and frankly makes me want to put down the game for good.

Good news. If you're on Android there's already a new update for you. If you're on iOS it will be another day or 2. 

_CHAMPION 

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 8:28 AM

WGTChampion:

MikeFern0712:

Good news. If you're on Android there's already a new update for you. If you're on iOS it will be another day or 2. 

_CHAMPION 

Hi Champ. Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Can you please provide version numbers when talking of updates? It would make it easier to keep track of things. My device is running Android 9 and app updated 2 hours ago. App version is 1.54.1.190480 and I still have the larger meter. 

Thank you mate.

Mick

RSS