Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • DaMasterDr
    30 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2020 10:01 AM

Why isn't there a solution for this yet? I've seen multiple people having same issue....

• UVBLUE47
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2020 5:27 PM

I've been playing for a few days....Now I'm trying to play a game and get this small box:

loading issues,check internet connectivity.RETRY

My internet is working fine. This game is NOT working !!!! Add this to all the other frustrating issues....

H

• leewebb
    48 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 3:13 AM

I've got an older, 2011 mac, running 10.13.6 and I don't have any issues with install or running, thankfully.

I held off playing the new version mostly; had a few goes here and there but it upset my timing in the flash version.

Now that I have no choice, and there's no going back, I'm beginning to get used to it.

My main gripe is the putting distance marker. It's too big and obtrusive. See, I read and putt from behind the hole looking back at the player, but now the camera is so close to the hole that I can't pull the marker back very far at all (while keeping on the line of the putt) and also, if the putt is under, say, 10ft, the marker is obscuring some of the line from that view point.

That's it really. I can get used to the rest, but this is a bit annoying. 

That's the one bit I hope can be changed.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 7:00 AM

leewebb:
    My main gripe is the putting distance marker. It's too big and obtrusive. See, I read and putt from behind the hole looking back at the player, but now the camera is so close to the hole that I can't pull the marker back very far at all (while keeping on the line of the putt) and also, if the putt is under, say, 10ft, the marker is obscuring some of the line from that view point.

Just click on the letter "v" on your keyboard. The marker will disappear. 

You might want to take some time and look in the settings to get a complete overview of the various options available to you within the game. 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 8:24 AM

UVBLUE47:

I've been playing for a few days....Now I'm trying to play a game and get this small box:

loading issues,check internet connectivity.RETRY

My internet is working fine. This game is NOT working !!!! Add this to all the other frustrating issues....

H

Start terminal and run: sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

hit enter

type in your password, close terminal and try again. 

It's connection related, you can also solve this by using a VPN and connecting to a different area, if your connection issues clear up contact WGT and ask them to push your account to another server. Or keep using the VPN. 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 8:34 AM

For people running new OS.. You can try disabling SIP, technically this game doesn't install at root so it really shouldn't make a difference, it does in some cases so try it.

SIP

Once you have the game installed. If you are having issues with the patcher running go to the game folder in Applications and right click on it, show packages, go into applications, contents and find the golf.app file.

drag that to the dock and run the game from that. It bypasses the patcher and updating routine, which for some reason is causing issues. I suspect there is something in the script which is causing issues with root permissions, obviously. 

If you need to update the game you can try running the patcher from within the packages, if it's still giving errors try disabling SIP if that doesn't work, there is a way to start up as root, but it's not recommended as you can make a mess fast if you aren't careful. 

• leewebb
    48 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 9:39 AM

Robert1893:

leewebb:

Just click on the letter "v" on your keyboard. The marker will disappear. 

You might want to take some time and look in the settings to get a complete overview of the various options available to you within the game. 

I know that but I want to line up and read the putt with the line and marker.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 10:27 AM

leewebb:
    I know that but I want to line up and read the putt with the line and marker.

OK. Even so, I guess I've never viewed how it's displayed and can be moved as an impediment to reading putts. 

• JGAN
    22 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 7:29 AM

Lakefloyd:

Looking for some help downloading new  release.  When i download, I get a window with WGT Golf and a picture of a club & ball with another icon of applications under it.  When I double click on WGT Golf I get a pop up window that says " Error: access to/volumes/wgt launcher5/is forbidden;run patcher in.

I have a Mac with Mojave 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor with 8 GB Memory. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2GB

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Try dropping the WGT icon into the "applications" icon(folder?).  That's what worked for me -I was pretty frustrated as well and tried in a last ditch effort.  Worked "fine" after that ...although for me the meter sucks.

• leewebb
    48 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 8:43 AM

Now I've played a multi player game I can see the chat feature. It's a shame it's like it is now. It's better than nothing but the one before was perfect. There's loads of space on each side of the screen to have a little semi transparent overlay like before. Maybe that will come...?

Also, I enjoyed watching my opponent take shots and putts from different camera angles; can't do that now. I hope that is being worked on because the "watching opponent" text seems to me to be a temporary solution perhaps?

Other than that, it's ok, I can get used to it. The putting is a bit harder, the breaks seem to have more of an effect on the ball than before.

RSS