Help › Forums

Wedge putt backspin gone?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 29 2019 7:24 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kingiling
    512 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 10:27 AM

Apologies if this has been covered on previous posts elsewhere, but is backspin gone in mobile when choosing wedge on the green?  It's been a bit since I noticed, but just now getting around to posting something on the forum.

Thanks, King

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 10:38 AM

kingiling:

Apologies if this has been covered on previous posts elsewhere, but is backspin gone in mobile when choosing wedge on the green?  It's been a bit since I noticed, but just now getting around to posting something on the forum.

Thanks, King

Yes no more spin

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 5:15 PM

Good.  Shame that’s all that’s gone.  Here’s a tip - Use your putter!

• harpski1
    107 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 3:35 AM

Another change to the mobile platform to appease the PC players as they have the mobile version forced upon them.

WGT clearly want just one version to work on, instead of two versions , so mobile gets screwed with.

Evidence of this is the latest update where suddenly the message screen from PC new version is added by accident to the mobile version rendering it unplayable in some cases.

And as for people saying "learn to use your putter" I say "learn to green punch", its a perfectly valid shot in the game and was fine on mobile until Early Acess PC version showed up... 

• StickemStino
    122 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 9:37 AM

Hence the words ( PUTTING GREEN )

Head grounds keeper would break your nose.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 6:42 AM

StickemStino:

Perfectly legal shot in ‘real golf’

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 12:55 PM

andwhy67:

StickemStino:

Perfectly legal shot in ‘real golf’

Yep, and I've used it plenty of times.  If you do it right, there is little to no damage to the green anyway.  ;-)

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 1:04 PM

hpurey:
    Yep, and I've used it plenty of times.  If you do it right, there is little to no damage to the green anyway.  ;-)

Yes it is a possible shot in "real golf" but how much backspin can you generate?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 1:47 PM

MarchieB:

hpurey:

Yes it is a possible shot in "real golf" but how much backspin can you generate?

Actually quite a bit but it still releases..  Although I haven't taken 40 yard swings in real life.... too afraid LOL

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 2:07 PM

StickemStino:

Yea,  it's takes them all night to repair all these virtual greens.  They don't like staying up all night !!!!!

• PAGES
RSS