Forums

Help › Forums

Can anyone help me with a member's question?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 20 2019 9:36 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 9:14 PM

One of my members posted this in our club forum:

"How do you win credits in cc tournaments . I know the progression. There’s 2 symbols above when you go into cc tourneys. One is a small flag ; the other is a credit symbol. I had 3/15 in the flag symbol 0 / 15 in credit , also I’m after going from 4/15 to 3/15   How come?"

I have never seen the symbols he's talking about. Can anyone help here?

Thanks,

Bill

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 9:37 PM

Bill,

I am completely lost in what exactly the question he/she is asking? As you know whoever sets up a credit tourney in your club decides the payout (winner take all ) or (top 3 or top 10) etc...Maybe your member is referring to the payout?? Also any credit tourney in stroke play will only show up in the "Premium" lobby and in brackets it is right there on top off the bracket?

JD

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 9:40 PM

Is your country club eligible to have 15 club tournaments?  Could 3 of them be free ones at the moment and 0 of them for a fee/credit entry?  (3/15, 0/15)

• MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 12:25 AM

Hi Bill,

He is referring to how many free to enter anddmtdpta enter club tournaments you have running. 

Unless you have credit prizes for your free to enter club tournaments or pay to enter ones then he can't win credits. 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 5:18 AM

K7JBQ:

Thanks,

Bill

At the top of your CC’s Tournament page there are Indicators that use a fraction to tell you how many tourneys you have active to how many you can possibly make. So if it says 3/15 that means that your club can make 15 T’s at a time and you currently have 3 T’s that are open to play. 
    The little flag indicates ones that are FREE to play and the one with a coin is T’s where each participant must pay an entry fee. Those entry fees are then given to the winner(s) of the T. 

There is also the option of the person who is creating the CC T to donate an initial Coin balance that would be used as the T’s prize. This option is available for both free and coin entry fee T’s

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 7:04 AM

MarchieB:

K7JBQ:

Thanks,

Bill

At the top of your CC’s Tournament page there are Indicators that use a fraction to tell you how many tourneys you have active to how many you can possibly make. So if it says 3/15 that means that your club can make 15 T’s at a time and you currently have 3 T’s that are open to play. 
    The little flag indicates ones that are FREE to play and the one with a coin is T’s where each participant must pay an entry fee. Those entry fees are then given to the winner(s) of the T. 

There is also the option of the person who is creating the CC T to donate an initial Coin balance that would be used as the T’s prize. This option is available for both free and coin entry fee T’s

I see "NO" symbols or FRACTIONS at the top of our Tournaments page at all....I have never seen that actually? Now maybe as owner my page is slightly different? (But I dont think so)....All it says (off to the right side) is ...."11 Free &  Tournaments Active"

JD     (Also we have zero "Coin" anything available in the club only  Credit Tourneys... so maybe this is only available to Mobile players)

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 9:02 AM

Thanks, all, much appreciated.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 9:29 AM

JDGHOST:

I see "NO" symbols or FRACTIONS at the top of our Tournaments page at all....I have never seen that actually? Now maybe as owner my page is slightly different? (But I dont think so)....All it says (off to the right side) is ...."11 Free &  Tournaments Active"

JD     (Also we have zero "Coin" anything available in the club only  Credit Tourneys... so maybe this is only available to Mobile players)

JD sorry i have never really played much on the original PC version. You are correct there are no fractions in that version to show how many tournaments can be created. This is only in Mobile and the new PCEA versions.

And sorry when i said coins i was actually referring to Credits.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 12:27 PM

I'm pretty sure this has been answered but wanted to add some screenshot/pictures to what I think is being referred to.

Here is the mobile app/ early access version on the club tournament page.  We have 4 of 20 free tournies and 0 of 20 paid tournies at the moment. 

Here it is on the WGT regular version.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 12:46 PM

• PAGES
RSS