Help › Forums

CLASH 112 --- Billy Joel style

Fri, Nov 15 2019 11:17 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 10:51 AM

jacktrade51:
    Into our 4th match, BD has been Kia B9, WC F9 x2, and now CB B9.

Matches 5-8 have been Kia, WC, CB and … hold on … finally Oakmont.

Tom.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 4:31 PM

AlaskanDame:

After our 2 WC and 2 Oakmont, we’ve had 3 Kiawah.

EDIT: now back to WC x 3 for rounds 8, 9, and 10

Upstairs, downstairs - where's my lady's Chambers?

EDIT:  Round 11 was Kiawah.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 7:33 PM

Our last 3 were Kiawah, Oak and WC, so final tally was 3 Kia, 2 Oak, 2 CB and 4 Wolf.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 9:51 PM

On AKD's comment about top 50 clubs disappearing (and I would add top 1-5 clubs), our abilitity to sustain top 25-50 finish over 4 years is simple.

It's all voluntary.  I don't care if someone doesn't (or many who never) play.  It's for those of us who like it. 

Nobody is expected to buy passes.  Veterans authorized to use superpasses are not supposed to mis-use them.  They should be match aware.  

And it's for fun.  So if we have a bad clash, so it goes.  

We can sustain that model.  Will we ever get to #3 or #10?  I doubt it.  I think we got to 24th once a couple of years ago.  We have also missed top 50 exactly once in last 3 years.

And before someone says why … a bunch of us like it.  One more goofy tee marker/pin or one more club course tournament means nothing to us.  FOR FUN.

Tom.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 11:17 PM

jacktrade51:

On AKD's comment about top 50 clubs disappearing (and I would add top 1-5 clubs), our abilitity to sustain top 25-50 finish over 4 years is simple.

It's all voluntary.  I don't care if someone doesn't (or many who never) play.  It's for those of us who like it. 

Nobody is expected to buy passes.  Veterans authorized to use superpasses are not supposed to mis-use them.  They should be match aware.  

And it's for fun.  So if we have a bad clash, so it goes.  

We can sustain that model.  Will we ever get to #3 or #10?  I doubt it.  I think we got to 24th once a couple of years ago.  We have also missed top 50 exactly once in last 3 years.

And before someone says why … a bunch of us like it.  One more goofy tee marker/pin or one more club course tournament means nothing to us.  FOR FUN.

Tom.

Well said,  we are much like your mates, in the fact that we love the competition.   We enjoy helping our members score well, to be proud of their achievements.  I'll add this though, we aren't stupid about the clashs, when wind speeds are hurricane force, we stay in the club house, and enjoy each other's company,  screw those stupid conditions.  

Our goals are to be friendly, and have fun ,  as top most priority.   Good luck to you and your members.   Fyi, we normally finish in the top 35 in clashs, so we can be competative when need be.  

• PAGES
RSS