Moving Tiers

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 19 2019 2:19 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Vaughnthekiwi
    65 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 7:06 PM

Hi all,

Sorry to be a pain, relatively new to the game and only play on my phone. I’m currently at Master level, I don’t play many tournaments but normally I play a 9 hole game, sometimes 2 a day. What do I have to do to keep advancing to Tour Master and beyond? Play tournaments or keep chipping away on the head to head games? 
    PS when I’m having an awesome round and opposition forfeits does that count in any way either?

Thanks so much for your patience

cheers

Vaughn 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:49 PM

Vaughnthekiwi:
    only play on my phone. I’m currently at Master level, I don’t play many tournaments but normally I play a 9 hole game, sometimes 2 a day. What do I have to do to keep advancing to Tour Master and beyond? Play tournaments or keep chipping away on the head to head games? 
    Both ways are possible.

Either you follow the traditional path, rack up 40 ranked rounds and push your average to 63, or, by "mobile games" like HTH, push your level up (don't know the number).

While many details have been discovered by us players, the "mixed area" lies in the shadow - WGT mostly stays silent.

Vaughnthekiwi:
    PS when I’m having an awesome round and opposition forfeits does that count in any way either?
    In MP strokeplay, you may finish the round alone. All other game forms will be terminated by a player quitting. Then, you only get the XPs you have accrued until that moment. Not sure about coins being at stake.

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 2:47 PM

Vaughn,i'm also a mobile player(on a tabletyou should think about it...its way better). As for the tiering up,on the mobile version there is no set requirements. One suggestion would be to get your avg at least below 70. So since there are no set requirements in mobile,i would say yes just keep plugging away in the hth's. That's how i did it 9 holers pretty much exclusively. Second question,no the forfeits have no bearing on anything. In mobile only tournaments and ranked rounds played by yourself count for anything. Cheers and good luck on your quest.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 10:17 PM

BOZskills:
    As for the tiering up,on the mobile version there is no set requirements.
    On the contrary, there are!

Some of the required levels for those who play "mobile" games have been named, I only don't know them because I'm not THAT interested.

E.g., Master seems to be between L80 and L85...

OTOH, it's good to think about what you wish for. The game will only become harder - Masters go back one tee box -, and for the "full course" games you'd want better clubs.

Pling, pling...

• Vaughnthekiwi
    65 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 6:11 PM

Thanks

• Vaughnthekiwi
    65 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 6:13 PM

Cheers for that

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 1:49 PM
    Get involved with your country club, red tee tourneys help a lot. I went from master to tour master to legend in a space of 2 weeks, they can be quite a grind but yeah keep posting those scores ?. Connorjwebb123
  • BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 3:19 PM

Alosso,my friend i was promoted to master at level 58,tm level 78! One more time there are no set requirements in mobile! They may have been stated in these forums by people guessing but not by wgt. Ty.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 3:38 PM

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Nov 16 2019 10:33 AM

BOZskills:
    Alosso,my friend i was promoted to master at level 58,tm level 78! One more time there are no set requirements in mobile! They may have been stated in these forums by people guessing but not by wgt. Ty.

Mind you that the difference is not in the device that you play but in the games that you play!

You are obviously playing many ranked rounds, thus average and saturation are the variables controlling your promotions.

OTOH, players NOT playing these but "mobile" games, HTH + Coin Rooms, would never rise by these criteria. Instead, they are promoted in tiers when they reach certain levels.

If you look around, you find players in higher tiers with 150 averages - impossible the traditional way.

WGT scarcely states anything concerning this topic.

• PAGES
RSS