Help › Forums

Upper tier Putters!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:41 PM (62 replies)
  • Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 12:42 PM

You want to silence other opinions?

If you cant explain why its good , then its no use.

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 12:45 PM

I am here to find best equipment from people experience. if you have not used cameron phantom level70+ , then you probably not right one to give me advice on that putter.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 5:11 PM

Mythanatos:

im thinking the dude must have a schtick about pretending to be completely stupid. No one could consistently be that wrong or that dumb.

Exactly. 

Dude is definitely a troll. 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 5:58 PM

Flatearth777:

That is not true. There are two type putters. Ding Putter and Non Ding putter

Most grow accustomed to STARTER putter.  High end putters are basically ding putters.  you really need to hit 120% of distance. Also you have to ding.

It means you need 5 meter ball min to ding effectively.

I just bought cameron phantom level 70+ putter.

Its terrible, I could not ding so its basically fell short or break where there is no break and go straight where there is break

Starter putter reads my mind but this one is absolute trash unless you use titlist ball.

At L74 you have little to no time invested into the game to know anything about high level putters . You dont have access to them to know how they putt . You speak only from assumptions and perhaps from reading other threads about them .

There is nothing wrong with the putter you purchased its just you . You dont know how to putt because you dont play enough to learn how to putt . Its a putter not a magic wand and just like every other club you have , you have to learn how to use it .

You have to put in the time and practice practice and then more practice . Take a good week and play 9 hole stroke play practice rounds . Use the free ball and the mulligan and work on your putting . Take the time and give learning not just the club but also how the game plays and the greens putt .

Stop wasting your time here in the forums with useless postings and commenting on things which you have no knowledge about . You arent impressing those of us who have been playing this game for years . Most of us have spent more time in the weeds and roughs than you have in playing the game .

So go practice and stop getting on every ones nerves .

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 6:37 PM

Let splay match play in merion.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2020 4:48 AM

I’ve used all the higher leveled putter but convince it’s not the putter, it’s how well you read, and confidence. Now I just settled with lower level putter just because I like the look.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2020 8:31 AM

Flatearth777:

I am here to find best equipment from people experience. if you have not used cameron phantom level70+ , then you probably not right one to give me advice on that putter.

Dude, over years, that putter has been one of the most popular putters in the Pro Shop and has been used by a lot of players. It just used to go by a different name.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2020 8:53 AM

Flatearth777:

Let splay match play in merion.

Im in.

Shall we say for 5000cr? Im even going to use one of those crappy high end putters. and if i hit the ding it will be on accident with it.

Either weds or thurs night tho. i'm busy this weekend.

• AlaskanDame
    18,962 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2020 9:03 AM

twinponds169:
    I'm wondering how SEL even let him in, and if he is spamming their board with the idiocy he is displaying here.
    Ive been wondering that myself!

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2020 9:34 AM

Flatearth777:

Well grasshopper for your information let me enlighten you . The putter you mention used to be part of the Odyssey line of putters . It was the Odyssey Versa L70+ putter when first placed in the Pro Shop .

At L70+ it was actually the best putter you could get at that level imo . Its great for playing either way be it hitting or missing the ding . The best all around putter in the game .

WGT changed it over to the new Titleist line when they discontinued the higher level Odyssey putters . As they change game sponsored equipment WGT only does graphic changes . Very seldom will they create or develop new code for clubs or even balls that they add to the game .

Since you havent been here that long you wouldnt know this but now you do . You say that you want the best equipment but you arent ready for it . You cant even play with what you currently have . Having the best clubs and knowing how to use them are two different things . Now you have a great putter so go learn how to use it .

RSS