Seems that the site is down. I don't know why should be back up soon

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:52 PM

It' been down for me all night.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 9:28 PM

down 5 hours & counting. Anyone email Mark?

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:14 PM

11:10pm PST, the WGTLS website is back up.

Warren

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:18 PM

resozv:
    Anyone email Mark?

I have. I can confirm, though, that while Soulcatcher was reporting to me in a PM that the site was still inaccessible for him, I could access it alright. There was only a short WGTLS outage (a few minutes, or 30 minutes at most, not sure) for us here in Europe. (Cf. another post.)

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:36 AM

Here's a link to help you determine if its you or its the website. Hope it helps.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:54 AM

Here is a similar link:

http://internetsupervision.com/scripts/urlcheck/check.aspx?lan=en-US&checkurl=wgtls.co.uk

This one checks the Ladders site from multiple locations around the world, whereas the simpler check probably only tests access from a single location, probably a US one.

The trouble is, inaccessibility may sometimes be restricted to certain geographical locations only, and it appears that's what happened last night. (Accessible in Europe, not everywhere overseas.)

In fact, clicking the above link just now has generated a time-out for Los Angeles, California, while all the other locations including Washington, D.C. and Chicago show OK. (Could well be an error on the test computer in LA.)

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 5:02 AM

Won a game and went to see if loss got recorded; site was down. Figured the usual 30 - 45 minutes down, but it was alot longer here. Thanks greatly for the replies & site checkers.

RSS