Forums

Help › Forums

Locking The Grid on Putting Green

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 12 2021 9:21 AM (7 replies)
  • MagistrateJP
    2 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 6:08 AM
    Hello Everyone, Despite searching on YouTube, I cannot find a way to lock the grid when you get to the green. On checking the forum relative to ‘locking the grid’, apparently there’s a small lock next to the aiming point. Whether I’m playing on a PC or iPad, there is no small lock visible on the aiming point or on the flag. Indeed, there is no small lock anywhere on the screen. The YouTube video posted by ‘Twisted Root’ clearly shows a small lock in the top right hand corner of the ‘aiming point’ but this feature is missing on my WGT game. Am I missing something here? Do you have to be on a certain level to obtain this feature? I’ve downloaded the app again for the iPad and even tried WGT via Bluestacks all to no avail..... still no small lock appears. I would be grateful if anyone could assist me relative to this matter. Thank you.
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 5:51 PM

The lock/unlock symbol is there on the corner of aimer.  It has worked for me since I started playing and I do nothing to get it or keep it.  (BTW - I play both but primarily PC).

To my understanding the grid is locked when you get to the green but you can unlock it to drag it around.  Which way is the grid you see?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 9:49 PM

There is no lock/unlock function on the mobile or new pc format. It only exists (as far as I know) on the original “flash” pc format. 
    I don’t think it’s really that big a deal or advantage.  

• MagistrateJP
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 3:47 AM
    Hello, Thank you for your response to my thread. Your reply however has me even more confused as there was also a thread in regard to same from ‘MarchieB’. In view of your comments relative to how you play, does this include ios? I play on both iPhone 11 & iPad Pro, and there’s no small lock in the right hand corner of the ‘aiming point’. On my PC I play via ‘Bluestacks’, and similarly there’s no small lock on the grid. Irrespective of ‘MarchieB’ comments, it’s crucial that you can lock the grid if you are counting the ‘pips’ otherwise your putting will never improve. If you have any further advice on this matter I would be grateful. Thank you again.
  • whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 10:09 AM

Hi

The "Unlock Grid"  option is still there on the original PC version.

You say you play on both iPhone 11 & iPad Pro, where it's not available. You also say that when you play on the PC you do so via Bluestacks. I assume this is to emulate the mobile game (otherwise what's the point?). This means you are playing the mobile game on the PC as well. The "unlock grid" option is only available on the PC version, played on the PC, and not via an emulator.

I hope this makes sense, I don't personally play the mobile version, but that is what I take the previous replys to mean.

Cheers!

Rich

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 12:01 PM

MagistrateJP:

If you have any further advice on this matter I would be grateful. Thank you again.

JP the feature to lock the grid (with the little lock icon)  is ONLY on the original "Flash" version of the game.

I play on the mobile version (on my Iphone) and I've also played a bit on the NEW PC version which is identical to the Mobile version.

What i think you are missing is that there is no little lock icon on the Mobile or New PC games because it is not necessary. It is basically already in that mode when you get onto the green. If you click on the aiming box and move it around it allows you to move the "pips" any where onto the green so you can see them where ever you want.

But if you let go of the aiming box it returns to the grid covering the whole green, which is basically exactly the same as having it locked

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 7:47 PM

MarchieB:

What i think you are missing is that there is no little lock icon on the Mobile or New PC games because it is not necessary. It is basically already in that mode when you get onto the green. If you click on the aiming box and move it around it allows you to move the "pips" any where onto the green so you can see them where ever you want.

But if you let go of the aiming box it returns to the grid covering the whole green, which is basically exactly the same as having it locked

As a predominately PC player, I think there is a need for it.  I usually move the grid to where I want it to stay so I can review (and yes, even count dot speeds).  As you noted, it apparently does not stay put like it does in the Flash version.  Having the option will not inconvenience anyone but removing it from the PC version likely will.

YMMV - especially on mobile (pun intended)

• BullyCasper
    8 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2021 9:21 AM

This is an old post but I thought I would post for those looking that you get the lock option when in settings you choose the "classic grid" in the putting grid option.

RSS