Forums

Help › Forums

Should I forfeit ?

Fri, Feb 21 2020 9:59 AM (9 replies)
  • Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 11:07 AM
    Many times in the coin rooms either I am placed with a high tiered player or a lower tiered player, I find quite a lot if I end up playing a tour legend or higher they forfeit, I don’t get why to be honest, I would love the challenge, I guess maybe they see it as unfair, but should I forfeit in let’s say the Monaco room when I’m playing an amateur with starters clubs, I don’t want to because off all the coins on the line but I feel bad for them because of the difference between clubs and experience levels, is there some sort of etiquette? Thanks. Connorjwebb123
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 2:35 PM

Connorjwebb123:
    Many times in the coin rooms either I am placed with a high tiered player or a lower tiered player, I find quite a lot if I end up playing a tour legend or higher they forfeit, I don’t get why to be honest, I would love the challenge, I guess maybe they see it as unfair, but should I forfeit in let’s say the Monaco room when I’m playing an amateur with starters clubs, I don’t want to because off all the coins on the line but I feel bad for them because of the difference between clubs and experience levels, is there some sort of etiquette? Thanks. Connorjwebb123

I would not worry about other players, forfeit or not, all the same. Etiquette is overrated in this game, just play and enjoy. 

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 4:44 PM

When I'm matched against a much less experienced opponent, I start the match like normal. If they're a good sport, despite being outmatched, I generally forfeit at the end, since they need the coins more than I do.  Also, if they are friendly, engage via chat, and are asking questions about equipment, balls, leveling up, etc. I'll sometimes gift them a sleeve or even a club to help them along in their development.  Paying it forward, so to speak.  Just one man's approach to it.  :-)

• Dwgwnr1969
    13 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 6:33 PM

Let's play then!! I need coinage!😎 lol

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 10:48 AM

never forfeit because it cost you more coins than if you play it out and still lose. Say  your playing in Rio, $20,000 entry fee, if you win you win $36.000, well your only winning $16,000 from your opponent, your own entry fee back and wgt takes $4,000, but if you forfeit, you forfeit the whole $36,000 out of your coins

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 11:43 AM

DavStan:

never forfeit because it cost you more coins than if you play it out and still lose. Say  your playing in Rio, $20,000 entry fee, if you win you win $36.000, well your only winning $16,000 from your opponent, your own entry fee back and wgt takes $4,000, but if you forfeit, you forfeit the whole $36,000 out of your coins

Ahhh ... NO, that is not how it works at all !

There is no difference in the amount of coins you lose if you forfeit or not . 

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 2:06 PM

maybe your right, but when you forfeit it ask if you wanna forfeit whatever amount of the winnings is in whatever room your playing. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 4:39 AM

DavStan:

maybe your right, but when you forfeit it ask if you wanna forfeit whatever amount of the winnings is in whatever room your playing. 

You only forfeit your entry fee.

• Miaski0
    88 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 10:25 AM

Had a golden putter TC forfeit on me in the Tokyo room today. Don’t know if it was because he felt sorry for me or that he missed his tie breaker shot by 22 yards. Either way thanks for the Turf War coins. Glad my pass wasn’t wasted.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 9:59 AM

You never know why someone forfeits. I’ve had players forfeit before either of us has a chance to tee off. I used to wonder why myself, until I had to forfeit the same way once when my wife got home with the groceries. Don’t worry about it and don’t take it personally.

RSS