Forums

Help › Forums

Send me an invite

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 17 2019 8:21 AM (28 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 10:57 AM

I think he is doing what should have been done when he took over, way tooooooo much bad publicity from the previous owner for the CC to thrive, as it could have!

I didn't want to bring this up before LOL....but since the club is gone, did the new owner ever get rid of what was basically an ad for a Dominatrix on the clubs website LMAO, which by the way was horribly designed!

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 11:27 AM

G’day DufferJohn, I joined Redleaf Bay after Jim but then he left and I have lost track of him. Now I’m at Darkhorse with a few blokes I knew from Texas Lone Stars and it’s going great. A few of the Valley people are at Redleaf Bay and the owner is a nice chap and it seems well run.

• DirtyDuffer
    876 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 11:46 AM

DufferJohn7:

Hi Everyone, especially my clubmates,

Jim seems to be jumping around and has been in and out of several clubs. He sent me a PM this morning saying he will contact the former VOTSCC memebrs later in the week to let us know his plans for a new club. In the mean time everyone take care of themselves and enjoy your new clubs.

A big thank you to all the clubs who have offered assistance and a place to call home during all this drama.

I plan to remain independent until I know what's going on. Thank you for the invites and support.

Have fun and hit 'em straight no matter where you are,

John

Thanks for the update John

• jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 9:38 PM

Hate to be the pessimist,

Club names cannot be changed and shut down clubs, for whatever reason, cannot be re-opened.  I am not sure what happened in your case but starting from scratch is best one can do. 

Black Diamond GC is a fun and friendly level 19 club open to all skill levels.  We have no rules on club clashes or club tournaments, although I like both.  Just remember to use the free cc xp passes.  So you are all welcome.

I am sorry pdb1, who was a WGT friend, quit a few months ago.  Anyway, as I said, all welcome.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 10:07 PM

Also, VOSTCC had a great website.  If anyone can track that down and clone it and post results in WGT, all of WGT players will benefit.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 8:24 AM

fatdan:

I think he is doing what should have been done when he took over, way tooooooo much bad publicity from the previous owner for the CC to thrive, as it could have!

I didn't want to bring this up before LOL....but since the club is gone, did the new owner ever get rid of what was basically an ad for a Dominatrix on the clubs website LMAO, which by the way was horribly designed!

PDB prob had a stroke reading the opening thread.  LOL

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 9:29 AM

jacktrade51:

Also, VOSTCC had a great website.  If anyone can track that down and clone it and post results in WGT, all of WGT players will benefit.

Found this.  https://valleyofthesun.forumotion.co.uk/
     But I didn’t try to login or register.

• Next260
    2,194 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 5:47 PM

AlaskanDame:

jacktrade51:

Found this.  https://valleyofthesun.forumotion.co.uk/
     But I didn’t try to login or register.

Leave that website alone , it has been unattended so long it has to be dangerous

• JimQ916
    9,914 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2019 8:21 AM

Hi all.....I really messed up when I closed the Valley (VOTSCC).....don't drink and drive OR medicate and get into the owners tools. I contacted Support and told them what happened and was told that once a CC is closed, it can't be re-opened and is gone for good. I started to immediately open a new CC but kept getting an error message on page 2....I tried for almost a week, and Support was no help other than tell me to have someone else create one and transfer to me. I asked a Valley member to open a CC for me (Jolly Jims Casual CC) and transfer ownership to me as soon as he created it. Well, long story short, he's unable to transfer it....I'm supposed to get an e-mail accepting ownership (yes, my e-mail addy is correct with WGT) but I never, ever get 1. We've tried this more time than we can count. Dan (who created the CC for me) has absolutely no interest in running the club, but right now he's stuck. I've been doing what I can not being an owner, but I don't get forum permissions or the ability to change any members status (Recruit / Member / Veteran / Director) which I shuffle during the Clash to rotate the SP's around. So far we have 39 members who returned (I sent out only 49 invites) so I guess the Valley II is gonna thrive. We're starting from the bottom and working our way back up....we got level 4 in just 4 days...and now are going after level 5 with a vengeance. I guess it's all not bad because the Valley was a level 19 CC who were never (in our lifetime) going to see level 20.....now we have things to shoot for and most of our members are enjoying that. Only having 10 free tournaments is limiting, but we're working our way around that by creating a few 5 credit tornys on top of those 10. The members I invited back were the longtime Valley members, and a few were newer CC members who fit right in there. Onward and upward we go!!!!! If there's anyone looking for a new CC and doesn't mind us being a low level at the moment, give us a look see. I can promise EVERYONE that I'll stay away from the owner tools if I take my meds too close together....lesson learned here......Jim

***oh yeah, the website always had good information but trying to find anything was a daunting task. I haven't been in there since Paul (PDB1) left WGT and won't be in there ever again. And yes, a lot of members associated the VOTSCC with him so having a CC with a different name is a VERY GOOD thing. As for the Dominatrix, she's not here (nor is she welcome) and we had a couple other toxic members who will never see Jolly Jim's. Thanks to ev1 who gave the Valley members shelter while I tried to get set up.....very much appreciated!!!!!

RSS