Forums

Help › Forums

Pc players changing to mobile

Wed, Nov 20 2019 7:22 AM (39 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 11:39 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Why should he care if there is more to be won in the big (live) competitions ?

it was just one possible way or alternative way to view it...  and yes, it is a rather discouraging aspect that some of the games best players are excluded from the live events or players from any country that are not included.  no denying that is very much aggravating or annoying. 

as for the money spent... that is harder to know... I have no way of viewing or tracking that kind of information.  for all the people that spend money, they are also an awful lot that report to spend nothing but watch countless 2 credit videos to build up their credits.  again, another aspect that can vary with where a player is located.  

but I would also agree someone who is actually spending real money and doesn't like the changes may very well move on, but I don't know many people that report to spending a lot of their own money.  most that share or post, mention watching videos or doing surveys.  

I also agree there are posts or questions ( I have posted one or two) similar to UEL that you reference that go unanswered and give the impression WGT is being disingenuous.  I don't know their staffing, their protocol, or which questions they are being more cautious with... I just don't know, but it does give the impression of indifference. 

I just know, it would be impossible to please everyone, no matter what was done.  

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 11:49 AM

I still have to hear 1 (just one...) PC desktop player who says that the new version is better than the old one, or they are changing to mobile version.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 1:34 PM

DavStan:
    Your just gonna have to go play real golf if you are that headstrong on a pure online golf game. It is what it is! Don't be afraid of change because its coming!

Hmmm, not sure how the first sentence works ;-) and I'm not scared of change, and fully understand they had to, I just really don't like the way they went.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 4:13 PM

We knew it was going to be based on mobile. I'm not doing very good at the new version, but i'm giving it a chance.

Got a year to get it down

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 5:23 PM

DavStan:
    Don't be afraid of change because its coming!

LOL

That "change is coming" might also be said as you are driving into tunnel and a train is coming from the other direction!

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 8:14 PM

Yiannis1970:

I still have to hear 1 (just one...) PC desktop player who says that the new version is better than the old one, or they are changing to mobile version.

You will be waiting a long time, well actually you may be waiting a lifetime unfortunately.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 4:14 AM

Yiannis1970:

I don't think anyone is going to say the app is better. Its not and never will be.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 4:14 AM

Yiannis1970:

I don't think anyone is going to say the app is better. Its not and never will be.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 8:50 AM

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 9:32 AM

TopShelf2010:

Bottom line is WGT has given us a glimpse of the future. And if PC players do not like it, they have a little less than a year to adjust to the new game or simply find something else to occupy their spare time.

Don

+1

RSS