Forums

Help › Forums

Pc players changing to mobile

Wed, Nov 20 2019 7:22 AM (39 replies)
  • DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 3:33 PM

lol, its better than the avatars we have on the original version, gives it a lil style! Your just gonna have to go play real golf if you are that headstrong on a pure online golf game. It is what it is! Don't be afraid of change because its coming!

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 3:40 PM

DodgyPutter:

Jeez, while I've not looked I'd be pretty sure there are better, and free, dressing up games available.  I suppose this may be the best dressing up in golf outfits game.

In terms of avatars?

There are a Golf game from 18 years ago, who looks & have way better animations

And no mention of the actuals Golf games

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 3:41 PM

Im not hater of this game, but a bit of criteria would be cool..

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 3:58 PM

LEDzZzEPP:
    terms of avatars?

I didnt have volumne on but was someone yelling just hit the d@mn ball already on the second one... would make for some colorful commentary especially if there were crowds at bethpage.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 4:30 PM

Tried it, TOOOOOO many bugs and way to silly!

Uninstalled it, I will load it again AFTER FLASH is gone AND WGT makes it so you can't play PC game anymore, and not a DAY sooner!

That's how much I want to learn this New whatever it is LOL....

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 5:12 PM

el3n1:

LEDzZzEPP:
    terms of avatars?

I didnt have volumne on but was someone yelling just hit the d@mn ball already on the second one... would make for some colorful commentary especially if there were crowds at bethpage.

Avatars are one of the latest thing im worried about, just show how an VERY OLD game have WAY BETTER ''golfers''

And in therms of gameplay THIS game has lost a lot of Golf feel gameplay, thats what i cant understand, the base is very good, the photography and the topography work they can make, but...

Enjoy who can of this new ''puppy game'', and those who dont (like me), just move on.. at the end of flash support (quite simple)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 6:18 PM

The old game had a bug once due to an update...

When you took a shot, the ball was there, the club was there, but the Avatar was there about 40% of the time if at all, most shots it was not even visible...

The "real" players of this game, with inferior clubs, MUCH inferior clubs, no clothing, to make anything do more than it did, and I gather we had p!ss poor graphics from what I have read, played and didn't miss a beat...AND still shot in the 50's.....

WHO gives a cr@p about avatars, or clarity of the graphics, the result is the "only" thing that is important!

AND with the newer clubs, balls, and lack of VEM, this game plays much MUCH easier than it used to today! LOL

The new game is like something I would see at a carnival booth from what I have seen....

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 6:39 PM

I was originally commenting to #ledzzzepp but Dan squeezed in a comment in between.  just wanted to clarify in case some read as though I was commenting on Dan's post.  may not matter but sometimes it might depending on how you read or follow the flow of the thread.

I agree that some of the new stuff seems like a gimmick... but what i think is good... a desktop player can log in on the early access version and the notes they have still apply, they dont need to remap their club yardages... they can still play...

Now some minor adjustments need to be made on the green, but the more you know the greens, the easier it will be... i feel mobile greens rely more on experience and feel... 

That said you have to try and ignore or avoid the stuff like ball effects that just seems childish, but maybe that is a huge target audience for WGT... look at the millions of gamers that play fortnight and they played in a world championship for millions of dollars... would you be open to growing the wgt audience if those kind of payouts could ever be reached?  Not saying they are but think of the potential and the fact WGT is trying to have more live competitions...

You have valid concerns... just sharing there may be value in sticking around or atleast saving your notes for a comeback...

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 9:46 PM

I’m a P.C player like many, and I do have an iPad and been playing mobile for a few weeks. I have found it easier now especially after the latest iOS update, which now allows me to use a Bluetooth mouse and not my finger so to speak.

The putting is totally different to the Flash version, and I’ve missed so many 3 footers on the mobile version because the break doesn’t seem right to me.

Apparel bonuses I don’t think we need on the new version, that allows ‘sand surface power’ or ‘hybrid spin’ for example. I think many of the old school PC players will agree, because all the extra yardages added with these gimmicks, will deem sleeves of balls ‘mapping’ your clubs a pointless exercise and a waste.

l think the avatar on the mobile version looks out of place with today’s technology, to big and clunky.

I will try the access version and WGT have a year to get things right, I stopped playing for nearly 3 years and have only been playing a year since I returned, and didn’t really miss the game, and if I’m not happy in a years time, then we will part company, this time for good.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 10:50 AM

el3n1:
    That said you have to try and ignore or avoid the stuff like ball effects that just seems childish, but maybe that is a huge target audience for WGT... look at the millions of gamers that play fortnight and they played in a world championship for millions of dollars... would you be open to growing the wgt audience if those kind of payouts could ever be reached?  Not saying they are but think of the potential and the fact WGT is trying to have more live competitions...

Why should he care if there is more to be won in the big (live) competitions ? Not being allowed to compete for a bigger prize would if anything be more frustrating.  I'm not sure how many of  the "target audience" would be allowed to take part either, two possible problems there.

Participation in the Contest is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Note, however, that only individuals who are legal residents of and physically located in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Norway, Ireland, The Netherlands, and South Korea who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in the entrant's state or province/territory ("province") of residence, whichever is greater are eligible to win prizes.

In the end wgt will lose some customers with the way they are changing the game, they'll gain some too and obviously think the numbers are in their favour.  On straight numbers they will need to be massively so.

They type of players they will lose will often be older, some retired, many with an interest in real golf.  Most will have played this game for years.  They will get much younger people trying the game out and sticking with it for varying amounts of time.  On average the former goup will have more money and be more likely to spend $50 on a driver or $5- $10 a time for vitual balls.   There are many more reasons it's not a straight calculation but I really can't be bothered going into it further, they ask for opinions but wont answer the simplest questions.  I've seen "will there be uel?" seventeen times without an answer, not even a disingenuous "we don't know".

As Davstan said change is coming, which is hardly a secret, that we are already seeing close to the finished product is the sad part.  There must be other ways they could have gone with this.

RSS