Help › Forums

Creating Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 6 2019 4:02 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 3:03 PM

I just found out some clubs don't allow members to create tournaments. I you're a daily player and contributing a lot of XP to a club, I feel you should be able to create a tournament you like, maybe not just what the owner or directors like. 

So, since most club posters don't say here if they allow members to do this; 

is it pretty universal that if  you go to a clubs homepage and see almost everybody listed as a "Member", not a veteran, does that mean members can not create tourneys?  Is it standard to have to have "Veteran" status for this?

I don't want to join a club if I can't create a  tournament once in awhile

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 3:46 PM

Hi

If I remember correctly, the ability for members to set up tournaments is controlled by the club owner. Irrespective of your status or tier.

I'd recommend getting in contact with the club owner, via a wall post if you're not already friends, and asking. One of the greatest challenges for any club owner is getting members to participate in club activities, so someone like yourself wanting to get involved in club tourneys etc. would, or indeed should, be made more than welcome.

Good luck in your search

Cheers!

Rich

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 4:33 PM

We allow members to set tournaments one they reach 25,000 xp. That is just to make sure they will hang around for a while

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 4:58 PM

Since I am the current "owner", I hate that term, of Black Diamond GC, I will respond.  Firstmrmax joined our club on October 1.

When we created the club 5 years ago, we had 2 trolls create 4 week tournaments and leave the club.  So we promptly responded by restricting tournament creation to directors.  I stand by that.

We have told all BD members we will create tournaments, to their specs if within reason, on request.

Tom.

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 5:25 PM

Firstmrmax Member Legend 108 66.46 1045 9.94 143446

To clarify, that's 143446 XP in a month

Jack,  I asked a question so any one interested would know if a new club allows members to create tournaments.  This is the first club Ive been in that only the owner and directors can create the tourneys they like.  Maybe a little variety would be nice

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 6:06 PM

He just left my club.  His choice.  I stand by BD policy.  The directors will create on demand tournaments but we will not open ourselves up to trolls..

Tom.

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 7:35 PM

That' about rude,  I didnt call you a dictator,   but the shoe would fit

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 9:06 PM

op created his own club. . . . 

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 10:32 PM
    Firstmrmax:
    is it pretty universal that if  you go to a clubs homepage and see almost everybody listed as a "Member", not a veteran, does that mean members can not create tourneys?
    Nope, not at all.

I'd say it's more likely that this means "veteran" is used for permission to use super (blue) passes in a Clash or to invite new members.

Now that you are an owner, you can explore the owner's tools and see that different classifications of club members can be made for different "powers," such as power to create club tournaments, power to create/manage custom courses, power to create a tournament using a custom course, power to use a super pass, power to email the membership, power to invite new recruits . . . .

If you see a club that has mostly "members," there isn't any way at all to tell whether the permission to create club tournaments is restricted to veterans or not. That permission might be set widely, while other permissions are set narrowly.

Good luck with your new club.
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 10:35 PM

AD, you beat me by a coffee ;)

Firstmrmax:
    is it pretty universal that if  you go to a clubs homepage and see almost everybody listed as a "Member", not a veteran, does that mean members can not create tourneys?  Is it standard to have to have "Veteran" status for this?
    Owners control this privilege by member status, but it's not a fixed denominatioin.

In their owner tools, there is a matrix of permissions, seven permissions for four member groups. Besides the use of Super Passes etc., "create a tournament" can be granted or denied to each member group individually.

In this system, Directors have no inherent privilege. They are only restricted in number.

When joining, all new members are Recruits, which by default are excluded from creating tournaments. It's up to the owner to spread the permissions and award the corresponding member status to their members.

I for one allow anybody except Recruits to create tournaments, and restrict Super Passes to Veterans. I award this title to active members of a certain playing skill (= max. average).

Recruits who play for a month after joining become "Members" here.

• PAGES
RSS