Forums

Help › Forums

Please add an improved premium 64Deg. LW!!

Sun, Nov 17 2019 8:39 AM (7 replies)
  • mrwalleyz
    792 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 2:49 PM

Great wedges are readily available. But how about a 64 degree LW?? At present, the best Cleveland has antiquated stats compared to the new Mack Daddies and others, but no matter who...no improved premium 64 deg. available....

Is it just me, or do others agree??

Thanks, Mark

• milwsteve
    89 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 8:24 PM

Callaway makes a 64 deg mack daddie wedge in real life so far none in this game yet.I would love to see one made for this game I would get one.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 10:06 PM

milwsteve:

Callaway makes a 64 deg mack daddie wedge in real life so far none in this game yet.I would love to see one made for this game I would get one.

Wouldn’t we all, but this is the 3rd time I believe you’ve asked in as many weeks.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 12:00 AM

EVERY time I hit  mt 64 Cleveland wedge I have a short easy putt, what ever is wrong with that?

Thats out of Sand, rough, greenside, fairway, wherever LOL,,,

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 4:45 PM

andwhy67:

milwsteve:

Wouldn’t we all, but this is the 3rd time I believe you’ve asked in as many weeks.

LOL - not to mention the other 1437 similar posts!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 9:18 PM

fatdan:

EVERY time I hit  mt 64 Cleveland wedge I have a short easy putt, what ever is wrong with that?

Thats out of Sand, rough, greenside, fairway, wherever LOL,,,

+1  but to the OP's point, I'd say nothing really needs improvement other than meter speed to have a close meter setup throughout the bag.  Sometimes pulling out the Cleveland wedge the different meter speed catches me off guard and that close putt could have been a hole out. ;-)

Doesn't necessarily have to be a 64° either, just need a 60 yd and 80 yd wedge with a meter speed to match the Mack Daddy's.  At least that's all I'd ask for.  

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 5:05 PM

H,you hit the nail on the head so to speak! Lol. Of course we have discussed this to death! It's a win/win we get a 60yrd wedge with a meter speed that matches our others.wgt sells lots of wedges! But unfortunately like alot of things they've turned a deaf ear to us!!!!!!

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2019 8:39 AM

hpurey:
    Doesn't necessarily have to be a 64° either, just need a 60 yd and 80 yd wedge with a meter speed to match the Mack Daddy's.  At least that's all I'd ask for.  

I believe it is Peter's fault (ujjbnjk) LOL…

WGT has issued the higher end wedges in packages of 3... Peter has utilized 115y wedge with great results so to repackage the line may mean removing one - most likely the 115y wedge... not sure he would like that or a few others that have picked it up.  

It also seems odd to expect WGT to convert the MD / PM Grind line into a 60 80 100 line versus the current track of the 50 75 100 direction it currently appears to fall.  So it would seem far more likely a 50y 64deg wedge would be more likely than a 60y 64deg.  

No matter what happens … this topic has circulated for over a year or more... surprisingly when I brought it up along with introducing Vokey wedges... WGT did eventually replace the Clevelands with the Vokey wedges... so maybe, just maybe the often discussed 64 deg while it remains elusive could still be in the works or on the shelf being tested.  

I just don't know... I have yet to ever see or catch a response by WGT on the subject... not saying they haven't but I haven't caught it.  

RSS