Forums

Help › Forums

Smaller Clubs Looking To Merge With The IBIS GC

Tue, Oct 22 2019 9:26 AM (4 replies)
  • jman413
    2,361 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2019 6:31 AM

Hello I am John(jman413) owner of the IBIS GC.

We are a well established level 19 club

I would like to build the club back up to over 200 members and I feel the only way to do that is for some of the smaller clubs to merge with us.

If you have a club with under a hundred members I will be willing to take any or all who wish to join us. It would be in your best interest why waste money on CC passes to level your club up when you can join a level 19 soon to be 20 club.

With so many clubs around I feel the only way to grow is through mergers.

Thanks to all

John

• JMyers4524
    4 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 3:47 AM

More People mean more fun

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 4:49 AM

Interesting proposal. Let me ask a question or two to further develop your idea. You imply that you were once a club with over 200 members but are now down to 111. What happened? Does your club have any other goals or activities beyond being big? Would you be willing to join a club that is larger than yours?

Always remember that when you advertise you are selling something. Buyers have questions?  Be prepared to answer them.

• jman413
    2,361 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 7:03 AM

Our club got smaller mainly due to dropping non playing members. Seems like half of the members left do not play much in club tournaments. We have been a club since April 2014

It is very hard to get new members one at a time so I am going this route why should smaller clubs waste time and money to advance levels when they could join a level 19 club.

A few clubs mainly around our size have contacted me about joining them which for the most part would be disbanding our club not ready to do that yet

• AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 9:26 AM

The FAPC is open to merger, too, and also a level 19 club.  Mostly PC/laptop, but we’ve successfully incorporated a very strong contingent of about 30 mobile players who participate in club activities, not just coin games.

We’re only at about 150/250 (and have never been to 200) because we keep the roster clear of drama queens and non-participators, but we carry some emeritus names and those who’ve notified us of needing a break for medical or other personal reasons.  People who try other clubs almost always come “back home.”

Great people, lots of fun.  Active Forum.  People happily help win Clash rounds and Turf Wars, but this isn’t required.

Check us out.

AKD

RSS