Forums

Help › Forums

Gonna be some unhappy PC Players

Tue, Nov 24 2020 10:41 AM (9 replies)
  • Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 12:12 AM

Ok, so I've been playing off and on for the past 7 years as a PC player. 2 months ago I started playing the mobile version of the game on Nox - an emulator and the swap has done wonders for my game. I rate the game-play on mobile much higher than PC. So I was quite excited about this announcement. But alias I am bitterly disappointed with this first version for PC.

Pros

1. Putting is much more consistence. Once you retrain you eyes you'll like this much better.
    2. I believe the graphics are smoother.
    3. Apparel allows you to tailor your golfer to your natural game style.
    4. Game engine is smoother.
    5. Coin rooms and Turf Wars are a welcome addition to game formats.
    6. Easy to navigate homepage.
    7. Easy to use chat overlay.

Cons - These need addressing

1. Lack of game options. I do miss alternate shot,match play and skins format. There are a number of variety of golfers here whom like the different formats and have to be catered for.
    2. Swing meter way to big. I mean seriously, look at the size of the bloody thing. Acreage for farming.
    3. Swing meter glitchy. This has always been an issue, but on Nox, it runs very smooth for myself. This was not replicated on the PC version and is still a major issue.
    4. Full screen locks out all other windows. I guess like many others I operate two monitors. One for game play, one for my calculator and for Discord to chat. The moment I leave the PC screen to work in the others it disappears forcing me to reopen it. Not fun, not smooth and time consuming.
    5. Switching out of full screen mode solves this issue but then the window becomes to small. I mean really, if I wanted to play the mobile version on that small a screen I'll pull my tablet out.
    6. Avatars look cheesy. Men look like drug dealers and pimps and the women look like anorexic hookers.
    7. Navigation around the pro-shop is at best bad. If I need anything I open up the website and go shopping there.

In it current format I will not be converting and will continue to use Nox to play the mobile version. This is an opportunity for TopGolf and WGT to move forward. I hope the team does and doesn't drop the ball on this necessary upgrade.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 12:54 AM

Hi Rob,

OK - cant disagree with some of what you have said. Other players I've noticed have voiced the very same issues - some I think directly with WGT, so I wouldnt get to hung up about some of those issues.

Also lets not forget this is just a first up look at where they are going to be post flash. Am pretty confident that all those issues you have raised will be addressed in some form or other.

I had my first hit the other day - good job it was in practice mode. It was horrendous - but hey - It'll get better.

I am not going to list the issues I have with the new format - others have already done that, so no point in duplicating effort. WGT will know the shortcomings dont worry about that, so lets see what happens going forward.

Hitem straight

Doug

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,465 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 1:35 AM

Robbob1970:
    Avatars look cheesy. Men look like drug dealers and pimps and the women look like anorexic hookers.

Ouch...that's harsh! LOL

Not only cheesy but also creepy as well...

Seeing it almost every day for three years now, I got used to, but at the beginning it made me recall the Thunderbirds Puppets I'd had nightmares with in childhood.

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 1:59 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Ouch...that's harsh! LOL

Not only cheesy but also creepy as well...

They're ok on an 11" table, put it on a 32"monitor and well Image result for golfing barbie

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,465 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 2:58 AM

Robbob1970:
    They're ok on an 11" table, put it on a 32"monitor and well 

The image is not properly loading but that's OK... I don't think I wanna see it, Rob. LOL

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 6:31 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    The image is not properly loading but that's OK... I don't think I wanna see it,

Its just an image of golfing barbie. But its been censored by the WGT Bots lol

• mrmp1
    521 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 3:51 PM

I been practicing on Launcher in the coin rooms I been clicking on SPONSORS and  I just noticed they were charging me credits instead of coins. What am I missing here LOL 

Mel

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 4:17 PM

• AlaskanDame
    18,843 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2020 5:16 PM

TopShelf2010:
    You do have access to FREE sponsors twice a day I believe it is.
    I think it’s free every six hours.But yes, for only 30 minutes.

• mrmp1
    521 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 10:41 AM

Thanks for the info

RSS