Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 7:21 AM

TerryN1013:

WHAT i MEANT WAS, HOW DO i SELECT AN APPAREL COMPANY?

don't.  

I play strictly on the ipad.  the ONLY apparel i use is a driver distance hat and glove.  My shirt, pants and shoes have no equipment bonuses, and my game is better for it.

Sure, the iron spin is helpful in coin room games, but for credit wgt tournaments, it's removed and you have to learn how to play without it, recalibrate....I don't use it, I don't need to adjust my game then.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 8:14 AM

pdiehm:

TerryN1013:

WHAT i MEANT WAS, HOW DO i SELECT AN APPAREL COMPANY?

don't.  

I play strictly on the ipad.  the ONLY apparel i use is a driver distance hat and glove.  My shirt, pants and shoes have no equipment bonuses, and my game is better for it.

Sure, the iron spin is helpful in coin room games, but for credit wgt tournaments, it's removed and you have to learn how to play without it, recalibrate....I don't use it, I don't need to adjust my game then.

I agree, I do the same. Driver distance and forgiveness for me.

My clubs are mapped without the + distance also.

• TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 2:06 PM

I have a question that doesn't fit here but didn't know where to go.  Maybe someone can help.

Looking a buying a new putter.  Description says I can select "meter increments".  What are these , how do they affect putting, and what should I select?  I don't want to spend a wad of money and get something I won't be happy with forever.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 4:14 PM

I still putt by ticks of the backswing. I was told to do that when I started.

The EA game messes that all up

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 6:32 PM

pdb1:

If you type in the " SEARCH " ( to the right ) . Various spellings of putt , putters , putting . You will find hundreds of posts on putting . The meters , the increments balance , forgiveness , etc , etc .

Here are a few . Some of these are very good . There are hundreds more .

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Tekoma's Putting Techniques

Putting, its killing me (slowly)

Understanding Wind, Precision & Forgiveness

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

Putting Green Speeds, Help Plz

Another way to Putt

StoneCold's Putting Clinic

AB's Putting Guide-My Secrets 2018 Update

J.C Sneed

*Putting by the Numbers - UPDATE*

this is good however is next to no help for the early access version or those who play in mobile

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 6:32 PM

DonCaron:

I still putt by ticks of the backswing. I was told to do that when I started.

The EA game messes that all up

Which isn’t available in the new version or mobile

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 7:14 PM

pdb1:

Yes . Many of us were .  It is surprising to find many who never heard of it . If EA does not accommodate it . It  may become obsolete . I'm a terrible putter . I need all the methods I can get .

I am terrible too.  Stats back that up.  I wing it, and some rounds I get luckier than others.

RSS