Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • Markus036
    9 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 5:15 AM

I like the old "My Profil"-page better. And I miss my old avatar :(

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 4:46 PM

I think my biggest frustration with EA version right now is regarding the friends list and not being able to see someone's true availability, plus the difficulty in making myself visible to them as available. This is particularly an issue when trying to play someone who is still using the flash version.

But although I can see my friends list in EA and the 'invite to play' tag by those who are online, it doesn't mean they are green and indeed there is no way of being able to tell whether they are already playing or currently waiting to play. It only means they are logged in and not invisible.

I am very much hoping this is somewhere on the long list of things for WGT to address before the final switchover happens, but I have my doubts.

Nigel.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 7:04 PM

Markus036:

I like the old "My Profil"-page better. And I miss my old avatar :(

You can still get to your web profile page. Click on Country Club> Club Forum and you will see the web page, Just click on My Profile, you can also change your avatar back.

• WildCoast
    458 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 1:00 PM

Hi folks quick question regarding Oakmont Par 5 Hole 4.

I was playing a stroke match on the new version on Steam and hit my drive down the right hand side onto the opposite fairway and it was fine.

Today I played the same hole in the Fiesta Showdown and ball went down centre of fairway on the right hand side only to be told out of bounds.

How come on PC it is fine but not on Early Access

Thanks in advance

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 1:27 PM

I'm pretty sure it'll be the same whatever version you're playing. The image below shows the OOB areas for that hole. The coloured bits (green, yellow, purple, white) denote differing surfaces and everything that is dark is out of bounds...

...the fairway that you mention is a tough shot to go for because it is half in and half out of bounds.

• WildCoast
    458 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 2:11 PM

Thanks for your reply

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 2:24 PM

ScottHope:
    ...the fairway that you mention is a tough shot to go for because it is half in and half out of bounds.

Classic risk/reward shot.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 4:51 PM

Wutpa:

Which kills me because the risk ain't anywhere near the reward that you can get from just playing the main fairway.  Traps are in play from over there. :-)

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 8:40 PM

YankeeJim:

Wutpa:

Which kills me because the risk ain't anywhere near the reward that you can get from just playing the main fairway.  Traps are in play from over there. :-)

They are, but the angle of approach to the pin is still much better from the parallel fairway. The only times I've managed an eagle on that hole have been after taking that risk but you're right, one small twitch and you're building sandcastles.

RSS