Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 3:37 PM

Scott,i think wgt should pay you. Seriously you help at least as many people as they do. Which takes some pressure off c/s. Good on ya mate!

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 1:03 AM

Thank you BOZ, a few extra bob would be nice.  : )

*A bob is a pre decimal coin = 1 shilling = 12 old pennies = 1/20 pound, for all you young'uns out there.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 7:06 AM

ScottHope:

Thank you BOZ, a few extra bob would be nice.  : )

*A bob is a pre decimal coin = 1 shilling = 12 old pennies = 1/20 pound, for all you young'uns out there.

I remember the threepenny piece with the square edges, and also a sixpence, which after decimalisation became 2 and a half pence before it was phased out.  And I still have a few of the new tiny half penny pieces  :)

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 7:38 AM

Dont you all think it would be a very rewarding gesture from WGT to send Scott a golden putter for all the hard work and help he gives to so many. He is definitely an unsung hero and does do the work that WGT often should be doing. He deserves recognition in my opinion. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 7:38 AM

Canada discontinued its penny a few years back. Basically came down to it costing more to make a one cent coin (made of copper) than the face value of the coin. Our lowest denomination currently is a nickel.

Retailers simply round up or down to the nearest nickel.. 

ct

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 7:42 AM

bossbird:

Dont you all think it would be a very rewarding gesture from WGT to send Scott a golden putter for all the hard work and help he gives to so many. He is definitely an unsung hero and does do the work that WGT often should be doing. He deserves recognition in my opinion. 

I fully agree. And the precedent has been set. Several people that I am aware of have been gifted a golden putter by wgt.  For example, it seems to me that Casey Everett received one for his charity work.

ct

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 8:53 AM

MioKontic:
    I remember the threepenny piece with the square edges, and also a sixpence, which after decimalisation became 2 and a half pence before it was phased out.  And I still have a few of the new tiny half penny pieces  :)

The thrupenny bit was one of my favourites as a kid as it fitted into the vending machines outside Newby's (my local sweet shop).

I occasionally got my hands on a half crown (2 shillings and sixpence) and I believe I even had a whole crown once (five shillings), I felt like a millionaire because it was so big in my hand, happy days.  : )

I don't know if the half penny will ever be valuable, but you never know. We seem to be heading towards a no cash society so keeping them as a reminder of bygone times might be an idea.

bossbird:

ct690911:
    I fully agree. And the precedent has been set. Several people that I am aware of have been gifted a golden putter by wgt.  For example, it seems to me that Casey Everett received one for his charity work.  ct

Thank you both, but I'm quite happy the way things are. I like putting and I think having that putter would make me feel that I should be better than it actually might make me, if that makes any sense. Thanks again for the kind thoughts. ; )

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 9:59 AM

Maybe a lifetimes supply of your chosen ball instead , there should be some recognition for all that you do , and have been doing for a very long time . 

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 10:34 AM

Again, thank you Lesley. There are many here who help others out, including yourself, and I wouldn't want there to be any bad feelings towards WGT because they've singled out someone for special treatment.

I think we all chip in to help because we want others to enjoy the WGT experience, not to get something for ourselves.

A friend of mine left the game a while back and gifted me quite a few sleeves of balls, which I have nowhere near used up yet. Quite possibly the head of my clubs will have fallen off before I get through them all, lol, so I'm well provided for in that department.

Thank you Lesley. x

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 10:41 AM

With this mentioning of the former British currency, what exactly was a “gold sovereign” which begs the question was there ever just a plain ole sovereign?

RSS