Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2021 2:50 PM

When putting there is a red lock and a green lock.  I know that green is supposed to be unlocked.  But WHAT is unlocked?  What is the difference between them?

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 10:04 AM

TerryN1013:

When putting there is a red lock and a green lock.  I know that green is supposed to be unlocked.  But WHAT is unlocked?  What is the difference between them?

Red Lock (locked) = Putting grid is static and does not move.  It will show the entire grid between your ball and the hole.

Green Lock (unlocked) = Putting grid is moveable and follows your aimer.  It will only show part of the grid between your ball and the hole, unless you move the aimer to a point where you can see the entire grid.

In some cases, you can see the exact dot movements along the entire path of your putt a little easier if you unlock the grid.  This is especially true if the dots move at different speeds along the path of your putt.

Hope this helps.

• RedRockster
    692 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 2:51 PM

Well we finally got an update.  Lets see what was done,  oh,  just window dressing and rearranging the screens that already worked just fine.  

When are we going to get the game play fixed as promised.  The flash features missing are much needed, forget the window dressing and start getting the meat done.

1.  We need to see a persons actual status, not jus on/off line.  We see green now if they are onlike, how about red if they are in a game.  Blue if looking for a game, etc.

2.  Still missing the mini-maps on holes 1 & 8 if we don't use the default swing meter position.   How hard can this be,  every other map on the entire system works fine except these 2 holes!

3.  How about restoring the ability to get you distances by putting cursor on the ball in the mini maps.  This would help speed up the games, especially if we have to have the ridiculous 45 second clock.  How about an option for us old people with slower brains and bad eyes to have at least a 60 second clock.  I am stuck using only 1 hole games since I will time out on all others.  

4. Ball effects.  While the ball effects are great in this version, setting them up is not.  In flash you could put on your effect or remove it any time.  Here we have to wait until our shot time will count  down before doing it.  Why have the blue effects ball if you can't even use it at all!!!

5.  I am in the lobby aftering accepting a game invite, a second game invite comes in.  If a decline the second game request I am kicked out of the lobby that I was in.

6.  Speaking of game requests (see 1 above)  there is NO way to actually let the person know why the reject,  cannot send a rshort message, only use the 3 canned messages that really don't mean anything.  Please allow a personal message so friends won't think I am dissing them.

7.  Tournament play and Club tournament play..   When done with a game, you are out of the tournament screen entirely.  You can't check your leaderboard or choose another game without going back in to the tournaments, select what you want and then check your status.  Very irritating.

WGT,   this is a short list of what is really missing in the new version.  Spending all your time changing the window dressing, fon'ts etc, while they may be nice, does NOTHING to support the game play.  

Please, Please adresss these issues and get some real updates done to this version.

Paul

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2021 2:29 AM

pdb1:

Do the icons to the left of friends on the PCEA friends list have any significance ?

Those are Showdown Badges.

Don

• RickinWaSt
    2,068 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 6:52 AM

Will we ever see a players availability options like was in the "Flash" version? It would make issues like this easier/more clear. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 7:19 AM

RickinWaSt:

Will we ever see a players availability options like was in the "Flash" version? It would make issues like this easier/more clear. 

After the 01/27 Update, Champion posted the following...

WGTChampion:

We are aware of the matchmaking issues. We hoped to address it in the downtime last night but it didn't make it due to the complexity of the issue. 

We hear your calls to change the friends list to be more like flash. This will take more time and isn't as high on our list as fixing matchmaking.

Don
RSS