Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 11:45 PM

Well, this is what I've been always predicting about the future of WGT (PC version) after the doomsday of Flash as I've seen and witnessed numerous similar cases with other games except that their cases were more like making the original mobile games available on PC.

The only thing I didn't expect is that the company would come up with a standalone version that needs to be installed on PC. I thought they would rather release a browser version using Unity plugins (WebGL) which requires no installation. Anyways...

kavvz:
    The meter seems to be fast to me, and putting is really finicky.  

Welcome to the "mobile" WGT!

I guess now you can see how laughable I (and many mobile players) found it whenever someone said without any concrete foundation how easy the mobile version was. I've been hearing this BS over and over at least for 3-4 years 'til I feel like throwing up, but they just kept going on and on although they didn't (still don't) know a shite!

I know players like fmags, birchi, etc. will always excel regardless of platforms, devices or any other playing conditions, and we still have to see how the new will evolve, but at least, it looks like finally with this new phase of the game, everybody gets to play on fair and equal ground once for all, mon esti!

I welcome this change with open f***ing arms!

• rettenden
    180 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 12:37 AM

downloaded wgt no probs,not played on the downloaded version yet.

what are the coins for?

trying to get used to navigating around the new site.

looks like this is future of the game no alternative.

paul

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 1:51 AM

DonCaron:

Bowl64:

Thanks WGT :) Installing it now, getting stuck on "Preparing to install". Will be back with info on the progress, hopefully.

Bjorn

Windows asks you for permission to install it. Shut your anti virus off and the put an exception in the anti virus. It does not have a valid certificate, so you have to allow it.

Ok Don, thanks:)) Now maybe i can get it, maybe lol:)))

Bjorn

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 2:03 AM

pcastleberg:

Just tried it out.  Full disclosure I have played WAY more mobile than PC. 

My observations, 

1. for any PC player looking to play coin games/Turf wars this is IMO way smoother than any emulator.  

2. If you want to run a calculator go to options, video and choose to play it less than full screen.  I did this and had a calc beside it.

A. It would be nice if the window could be custom sized...the largest 16x9 version leaves a lot of open desktop. 

3. This is the mobile game, just ported to PC basically.  If it's supposed to be acceptable to the current PC only players it's going to need a LOT of work before they all are willing to jump without a bunch of complaints.  Things missing: 

A. being able to play 4 person games

B. so many nice camera angles...Flash wipes the floor in terms of camera angles/options. 

C. all the different game options like "alt shot". 

D. 45 second shot clock needs the ability to be custom set to longer times for friendly games AND needs the ability to add additional timeouts like is currently possible in PC games. 

Maybe WGT can get the camera options added...I'm doubting it. I think the basic graphics are going to pretty much be what mobile has and uses, I personally don't see that changing, so IMO WGT has a lot of work to do in getting all those other features added.  One good thing this "PC" version is able to play cross platform, so my hope is what this does is brings as many of the features as possible listed above and any others from PC over to mobile and allows for cross platform play again.  If WGT can pull that off and keep the meter as smooth as it was on my first go round, then I think that PC players could probably learn to live without all the camera angles they get now. 

That's my 2 cents....Nice start towards what will result in having cross platform play again.....LOOOOONNNGGG way to go to be satisfactory for PC players. 

Without options for altshot/4 person games this "new" version isn`t an option for me. Very disapointed to read this :(((

Bjorn

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 2:12 AM

Using Chrome and it didn't install.  Just stalled I think.  Rebooted and using Microsft edge it loaded.

I get to this screen,  Hit play and nothing happens

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 2:21 AM

borntobesting:

DonCaron:

I have three computers, I'll setup my Vista for my charts and play on windows 10.

I can use my charts by hitting the windows key. Kat's does not stay on top.

Just wondering if a cheap windows phone would run Kat’s and Young46’s putting calculator.

IDK.Bluestacks is less invasive. I can have my charts and kats on that. I love what I see so far, I just have to get used to it.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 2:23 AM

mantis0014:

Using Chrome and it didn't install.  Just stalled I think.  Rebooted and using Microsft edge it loaded.

I get to this screen,  Hit play and nothing happens

Watch out for the Anti Virus. I had to put an exception in Norton.

It said it was an invalid certificate 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 2:29 AM

One other thing also, I have 9 balls in my bag and it was prompting me to buy more balls. 

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 2:43 AM

DonCaron:

Bowl64:

Thanks WGT :) Installing it now, getting stuck on "Preparing to install". Will be back with info on the progress, hopefully.

Bjorn

Windows asks you for permission to install it. Shut your anti virus off and the put an exception in the anti virus. It does not have a valid certificate, so you have to allow it.

I put in "WGTLauncher.msi" in my exceptions in my antivirus Don, right or wrong? Still stuck on "Preparing to install".

Bjorn

RSS