Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 11:19 AM

that works well, as does the OBS replay buffer.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 1:24 PM

They both have pros and cons Ken. The Win10 Xbox Game Bar is already on your PC so no third party software needed, but if you click away from the game window while a shot, that you want a replay of, is animating, you will lose part or all of that shot. The Xbox Game Bar only records the game window while it has focus (is the active window).

OBS on the other hand needs installing and requires a bit of set up before you can make replays. But it will record whatever window|s you have in your scene irrespective of what window has focus when you initiate the record replay.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 4:49 PM

Was not aware that game bar required window focus. 

Didn't use it enough to find out. Just tried it long enough to find it worked.

I am using OBS and it is my preference. Usually have it running anyway.

I did have to redirect OBS to save on a drive other than 'C' drive as it was causing meter problems using 'C'.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 11:45 PM

Yup, the game bar is fairly easy to set up, but the window focus thing is important because a lot of us use other applications during play and switching to those will interrupt the recording process.

I use OBS too, it's more configurable an I like that.  : )

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 11:46 AM

Ello, anyone else having problems with jerky meter, long loadtimes etc today? Hard getting into the forums, main or club, comes to the loginsite which then doesn`t recognice my password or username, grrrrrr!

Eventually i got into the clubpage and the main forum, took me four try`s. Wait, is there a clash on maybe??????????? Seem to remember having trouble about two weeks ago too, could there be a connection hmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????????

A almost resigned

Bjorn

• KJdude
    9 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 12:41 PM

I'm having an issue with the app when opening, it has a new update that takes you back to home page. Will not load!!! HELP!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 1:07 PM

KJdude:

I'm having an issue with the app when opening, it has a new update that takes you back to home page. Will not load!!! HELP!

If you are playing from a PC and using that version, click the WGT Launcher that should be on your desktop. This method has worked for several players that have been having the same issue.

Don

• KJdude
    9 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 2:48 PM

I have and tried reinstalling and everytime you click on the update it kicks back to play screen and it stays loading if you dont click on update. Which closes and goes back to play game screen.....Uuuhhhhgggg!!!

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 3:57 PM

Well, the dumcone on my head running around in a round room looking for a corner LOL! Or, had some update coming in and when that happends the game has always been scruffy to say the least. I think that was it in  my case allthough there was a moment in my last game. 

Take care and stay healthy guys

Bjorn

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 4:42 PM

KJdude:

I have and tried reinstalling and everytime you click on the update

Consider downloading Steam and running the game with it. A big advantage of Steam is that it updates the game automatically so you are always up to date without having to mess with doing it yourself.

RSS