Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 4:08 AM

oneeyedjohn:

Tried to reinstall today and all I get when I try to play is ERROR : golf.exe does not exist.

Any ideas?

Look in C:\ Program Filesx86\ Topgolf\ WGT Launcher\ Launcher.EXE

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 3:09 PM

This is what I have .....but as I say it doesn't work.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 4:15 PM

Its the one with the picture on it. If it still doesn't work, I would uninstall it and Re-install it.

WGT Launcher

• WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 4:00 AM

I will confess I did not read every single post in this thread and if this has already been mention then my apologies.  However there seems to be varying opinions as to what browser, systems etc. will support flash after the end of the year.

My question is even if we find one that works well is WILL WGT SUPPORT FLASH, or will it laquish in the realm of no longer updated abandonment?

just something to think about...............................

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 4:23 AM

from article on adobe flash                        Adobe plans to prompt users and ask them to uninstall Flash Player from their computers by the end of the year when the software is scheduled to reach End-Of-Life (EOL), on December 31, 2020.

The move was announced in a new Flash Player EOL support page that Adobe published earlier this month, six months before the EOL date.

Adobe says that once Flash reached the EOL date, the company doesn't merely plan to stop providing updates, but they also plan to remove all Flash Player download links from their website.

This will prevent users from installing the software and continuing to use an unmaintained version.

Furthermore, Adobe also said that "Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date," suggesting the company has added or plans to add a so-called "time bomb" in the Flash Player code to prevent users from using it starting next year.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 4:44 AM

Interesting article.. Anyway Gary.. U will not get an official reply by wgt. U know this. Thx for the post

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 5:24 AM
    Woodoworkery:

from article on adobe flash                        Adobe plans to prompt users and ask them to uninstall Flash Player from their computers by the end of the year when the software is scheduled to reach End-Of-Life (EOL), on December 31, 2020.

The move was announced in a new Flash Player EOL support page that Adobe published earlier this month, six months before the EOL date.

Adobe says that once Flash reached the EOL date, the company doesn't merely plan to stop providing updates, but they also plan to remove all Flash Player download links from their website.

This will prevent users from installing the software and continuing to use an unmaintained version.

Furthermore, Adobe also said that "Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date," suggesting the company has added or plans to add a so-called "time bomb" in the Flash Player code to prevent users from using it starting next year.

This is just outrageous. In all these years working with PCs and softwares, i have never seen anything like it. Adobe is surely not the first nor the last company that stops supporting or developing a program...however this madness is unheard of at least to me.
  • callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 3:21 AM

I started to dabble in the PCEA version this morning and I have a couple questions. Sorry in advance if they have been asked before but dont feel like reading 100+ pages.

1)---is it possible to read the main forums and 
    2)---is it possible to make yourself visible to friends for invite without starting a club tourney and quitting. Its the only way I see to do it. TIA

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 4:48 AM

callaghan159:

I started to dabble in the PCEA version this morning and I have a couple questions. Sorry in advance if they have been asked before but dont feel like reading 100+ pages.

1)---is it possible to read the main forums and 
    2)---is it possible to make yourself visible to friends for invite without starting a club tourney and quitting. Its the only way I see to do it. TIA

Forums:

Country Club>Club Forums

No, you have to be in game

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2020 4:53 AM

DonCaron:

Forums:

Country Club>Club Forums

I know how to see club forums, I am looking for a way to see WGT forums. TIA

RSS