Forums

Help › Forums

See green speed before you tee off

Sun, Nov 13 2022 12:06 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Zwaan57
    36 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2019 4:26 AM

Hi, is it possible to show the green speed before you start playing? It is annoying not to know it in a h2h 1 hole game.

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2019 4:42 PM

Agree,100%! I've mailed customer support about this suggesting that during one of their occasional meaningless updates(like when all they did was change the banner at the top of the screen,very annoying by the way),if it would be possible to include green speed at the start of the match. Doesn't just affect one hole it applies to all h2h,if you miss the first green.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 7:42 PM

Second opinion: When you tee off in real life, do you know the green speed?

If you've spent some time on the practice green, you might -- or might not be pretty close. But truth be told, until you hit the first putt on a real green, you just don't know, even if you played there yesterday.

• Next260
    2,189 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 5:26 PM

K7JBQ:

Second opinion: When you tee off in real life, do you know the green speed?

If you've spent some time on the practice green, you might -- or might not be pretty close. But truth be told, until you hit the first putt on a real green, you just don't know, even if you played there yesterday.

+ 1

Has been discussed many times ;  Let it go.

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 5:46 PM

if your playing a tournament it will tell you the wind and the green speed before you click on Tee Off to start the game, if you are playing an individual or more than one person the green speed will be set to the highest tier that is playing

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 9:01 PM

Touraments yes,evertone knows that. But on mobile in head to heads not. That's what we're talking about.

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 9:05 PM

@kj and next,thats what the practice green is for to be as close to the courses greens as possible!(i think i have some clue hear as i work at a country club. Ty).

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 6:46 PM

the green speed is always set to the highest tier player that is playing, do you not know what tier level of the player is when you play on mobile? 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 8:40 PM

Alas, not true in the coin rooms. At least the ones I occasionally play.

DavStan:

the green speed is always set to the highest tier player that is playing, do you not know what tier level of the player is when you play on mobile? 

• Noordwesth
    50 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 9:47 PM

He he he ...

I actually found a little tip a while back when playing a round in a coin room.

If you are playing against an opponent on mobile wgt version, there is a way to see the green speed before you approach the green, IF:

Your opponent approaches the green before you.

When your opponent makes his/hers approach shot, (right after the swing has been done) quickly go into your profile, then back out. The green speed should now be visible on your screen.

Profit.

• PAGES
RSS